Anyone else change subjects?? (1 Viewer)

Brontecat

HSC
I was just wondering if anyone else has changed subjects and why they did?

I changed from chem to bio cause i looked at the chemistry book and freaked out and know that i can easily sit the HSC this year and get an awesome mark in bio, something that i rpobs wouldnt achieve with chem.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
i'm going to be dropping business studies for ancient history. because business studies is probably the most boringest subject i've ever had to sit through.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My absolute F***!!!! of a teacher makes me want to drop Physics soo much. I know I don't want to deep down because I like the subject and I can go well in it. It's comforting to know that I will have one of my favourite and best teachers for the HSC... which is excellent since nothing from the Preliminary year is tested in the HSC! Woo, except for simple basic things (which if you can't remember there's something wrong).

I will keep Physics knowing that it's only 3 terms of this wanker I have to put up with.

HSC
wth.. ur teacher shudnt be telling u to drop a subject.

I know im deffinitely dropping bio sometime this yr but not sure when. I have 14 units now, hate bio and have 0 free periods. So, if i drop i'll have 12 units and 10 free periods in a fortnight.

Just finding the right time to drop haha (after bio camp in a month :p)

swathard

HSC
yeah, I've dropped english extension 1 and psychology (both 1 unit subjects) to pick up economics.

funnily enough, I topped english in year 10 at my school, so noone believes that I'm dropping, lol. i just found I didn't really like the course all that much, and also I have been having some significant back problems - sitting in front of a computer typing essays all the time would definitely NOT be beneficial for my health, and although economics does have an essay basis, there are also variou skill related questions that can ease the pressure off me and stop me from having to do essays only.

i'm hoping i've made the right decision.

cHoke-meh

HSC
Me. Walked into my Software class, and found it was full of Year 9's. After that class, promptly went to the office and got a change to Modern History. Yay :D Hitler Time xD

Cardea

HSC
I've changed Ancient to Visual Arts. I'd regretted choosing Ancient over Art ever since I handed in my form last year, but it's still tortured me to change the subjects. I also had troubles with deciding to do Chemistry or not - the only reason I even considered in the first place was because the teacher teaching it on my line is one of my most favourite teachers. Other than that, I've heard the subject is extremely dry. Gah, dilemma.

chichichip

chichichichichichichi....
HSC
Art to bio, because lines clashed.

THREE SCIENCES, BEAT THAT! xD

annaisbored

HSC
studies of early childhood to english extension 1. I guess I was a bit apprehensive about taking on the subject ><. Chose it because I'm planning to drop I.T in year 12, and Childhood studies being only one unit (AND TOTALLY WORTHLESS FOR WHAT I WANT TO DO IN THE FUTURE) that lasts for the duration of prelim year so yeahh... If I carried on with this subject, then I'd have to stick with I.T. (lowscalingcrap)
@__@ I JUST HOPE THAT I DO A-OKAY IN ENGLISH X1 SO THAT EVERYTHING GOES TO PLAN...

:rofl:

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Changing subject now sounds little bit hasty. Why not stick around for another week or so? But if you really loathe the subject to the core, well...

Brontecat

HSC
I dropped visual arts for studies of religion 2u.. even though that will be probably worse.

also i dropped biology for geography.

so all up im doing: ancient history, geography, food tech, studies of religion 2u, advance english and general maths..

thats probs a good decision my RE teacher said that SOR II scales rlly highly and is rlly easy - i'm doing it too :)

HSC
At the start of my prelim.. i changed from economics to engineering studies- and then at the start of my hsc i dropped engineering studies.. lol.

mleiu

HSC
Changed from Business to Modern History.

Reason: I think I'd enjoy the subject more (only chose BS as I assumed I'd do really well in it but realised if I didn't like the subject, its not worth it and I won't do well anyways!), better teacher for Modern than who I got for BS. Oh, better scaling.

Works out well, I'm a lot satisfied with my decision right now. Just hope I won't come back to bite myself in the ass in two years time.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Yes, i changed Biology to Economics.

After walking in for our first biology class.

• I noticed the class size was quite large compared to my other subjects
  • the worksheets we received from the teacher were photocopied from " Preliminary Excel Biology"
Also, last year I chose Biology when it clashed with Economics and had been kicking myself in the holidays...wondering OMG what did i do..i have restricted my career options..

But now I'm FREE AGAIN.

And picking up IPT.

HSC
in prelim i changed from chem to legal after 3 lessons!
best decision i have ever ever made!
LEGALLLLL! <3

dux&src

HSC
in prelim i changed from chem to legal after 3 lessons!
best decision i have ever ever made!
LEGALLLLL! <3

Awww.. you didn't do legal in the first place....GRRRRR

you had to wait 3 lessons for you to come to your senses and switch to the lovely legal studies <3 <3 <3

LEgal studies <3 <3

swathard

HSC
Yes, i changed Biology to Economics.

After walking in for our first biology class.

• I noticed the class size was quite large compared to my other subjects
  • the worksheets we received from the teacher were photocopied from " Preliminary Excel Biology"
Also, last year I chose Biology when it clashed with Economics and had been kicking myself in the holidays...wondering OMG what did i do..i have restricted my career options..

But now I'm FREE AGAIN.

And picking up IPT.
when you say quite large compared to your other classes... how many people are in your other classes then, lol? is your year group very very small ?

dux&src

HSC
when you say quite large compared to your other classes... how many people are in your other classes then, lol? is your year group very very small ?
Biology had about 20 on the first day and some were absent soo it would have been about 20-25 approx..

well in my:
advanced english 16
maths extension & mathematics 17
physics 20 (most people picked this subject for the teacher)
chem about 14
economics 8
legal studies 8

and IPT yet to be known

Yess my year group is pretty small...:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)