Anyone done ECOP1002 or GOVT1105? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm taking these subjects next semester, but I'm going to miss the first two weeks (four lectures and one tute each, I think) because I'll be overseas taking a summer course.

I want to take the course outlines and readings/textbooks with me so I'm not too behind in week three - but I can't find any booklists and the faculty isn't writing back to my emails. Just thought I'd ask here before I start hassling them on the phone.

If anyone could tell me what I should read/do in the first two weeks for these subjects I'd really appreciate it.. and if anyone has secondhand books/readers I'll love to buy them.

Thanks! :)

bustinjustin

HSC
dunno about govt1105 but i did ecop1002 last year. Only thing is this year I think someone new is taking it (Damien Cahill by the looks of it), since Gabrielle Meagher has, shock horror, become a professor in the Education faculty, so things might change slightly this year. First four lectures are fairly simple, just illustrating how the market, the state and family are all interconnected. Unit outline should be avaialble on blackboard anyway, and there;s no textbook. However, you have these fairly thick 'workbooks' from the copy centre, they're all you need, but they're fairly "comprehensive'' (i.e they're massive readers with hundreds of graphs, etc, and set questions for each topic/week. Last year, the 'workbook' guide, which also contains the tute program)was available on blackboard, ).

First tute in week 2 was merely spent looking over newspaper articles, from a 'state-family-market' framework from memory, nothing intense as with all first week tutes. Again, with Gabrielle Meagher's departure, it might be totally different this year, but it should be fairly similar in content, so you'll be fine (for ecop1002),

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)