anyone done "CONTRACTS" (1 Viewer)

guesswho

HSC
Hey would there be someone here thats done "law of contracts" at uts?

If so can u tell me if it's a difficult subject? Do they mark tough?

And i'd really appreciate it if you can give me some detail about the following assessments for "law of contracts". Like, for example, what do you have to do for the "seminar paper" assessment?

1.Seminar Paper :confused: :confused:

2.Mid-semester test :confused::confused:

3.Final Examination :confused:

Really would appreciate it... thanks :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Surprisingly, I've looked a bit at this subject (got a few friends in higher years of law) and I must say you can only do well if you're interested in it. Reading those cases put my friends to sleep in 30 seconds (not me, strangely).

Anyway, good luck. :)

Ch00

HSC
N/A
contracts is easy...

the midsemester is VERY easy - aim for very high marks in it...

they are extremely tight with marks in the assignment

the final was very fair - no real surprises BUT you will need to know all areas from topic 3 on. You can't get away with studying the obvious topics and not the minor ones because they were grouped together in the same question, e.g. misrepresentation might be part a and capacity might be part b.

as for reading the cases, i would suggest a good primer text such as the one written by Stephen Graw or Khoury (both of which are at the Co-op on Broadway. While it is not a substitute for reading cases, if used in conjunction with your lecture notes you will be on a very solid base. In that regard, going to lectures is essential - Sue Carr Gregg is an excellent lecturer and pretty much tells you what every case is good for. The main time you need to read extracts is the assignment. Again, the primers i mentioned provide digestable summaries in readily understandable langauge.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
contracts is the most boring law subject i've done so far :(

its those damn lawyers..making it so boring..~~~
cant sleep?
no need for sleeping tablets...30secs of reading a contract case will put you to sleep everytime..money back gurantee !!!!

:(:(:(:(:(

but i agree with ch00..at unsw, contracts 1 wasn't too hard

edit:
whoa, i just realised this was such an old thread..`~~
probably wasted my time typing that post..and this edit... :s

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
For someone who did contracts it's bit of a worry you can't spell guarantee ;)

I'll let someone with contracts knowledge field the next logical step about castigating the fellow about this contract...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)