Anyone doing On Giants Shoulders in class? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I don't know how exactly this text relates to imaginative journeys, like the whole idea of imagination, inspiration and speculation.... anyone want to tell me!?!?!

I don't think this text is a journey text... and my school is one of the only ones that are doing it...
anyway helllp meeeee!!!

stressed14

HSC
yer my schools doin on Giant's Shoulders too ...

from what iunderstand its all about the scientists and their imaginative journey of discovery because its a bit hard to invent if you dont have an imagination... go with that sorry im not much help i jus picked up the book a couple days ago

sweetcandeeh

HSC
The idea of imaginative journeys in OGS the scientists i.e Newton, Freud etc. are inspired by various triggers then speculating upon the ideas...
no only do the scientists travel upon the journey but the audience, the quests and brag himself
its hard to explain prehaps study guides may help try the excel books

kate.2008

HSC
yeh my school is doing On Giant's Shoulders too. It is an imaginative journey text, you just have to read it and you will eventually understand how it relates. It discusses how each of the scientists have discovered their own ideas through the inspiration and speculation of previous scientists. Try to see it as the imaginative journey that the scientists have taken as well as Melvyn Bragg and the many other opinions of varoius people Bragg has interviewed,

HSC
I've picked Smells like Teen spirit, Where the Wild things are and Labyrinth (as in the David Bowie Movie).

ninaloo

HSC
Im doing it!
I think random nobody and i go to the same school and i'm 95% sure i know who you are my name is a dead giveaway my related texts are Peter Garrets Maiden speech to parliament, Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors by Radio Head and www.myweb3000.com the year 3000 predictions part :D all different not used to death like alot of other i have done text analysis on all of them let me know if you want them and ill send them write along :)
Anyways i must be off to prepare my essay for tommorow not to mention ART FARKKKKKKKKK! anyways PEACE HOMIES will be so glad when friday is over!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)