Anyone doing Immigrant Chronicle (1 Viewer)

Chameleon

For anyone who is studying the immigrant chronicle, which of the poems do you intend to use in the hsc, and why?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
umm.. i havent totally chosen yet but i like felix coz it has a very definite change in it

and then i dunno, maybe crossing red sea because it's a transition?

mkomko

hi! i go to the crappy school that that faggot went to
i hate him
anyway im doing feliks, 10 mary street and post card

i've memorised the 3 poems and i know everything bout em
they're really easy and they have simple techniques and the 3 relate to each other

pranks85

I'm covering 10 Mary St., Felicks Skrzynecki and Crossing the Red Sea, 'cause they're very easy to relate to both change and changing persectives.

mkomko, I'd like to know exactly what they teach as poetry in your school, because that man's got the insane idea from somewhere that his attempts to stick a few line breaks into prose, and badly written prose at that, actually constitute poetry, and I'm interested to see where it comes from.

GillyBean

Im prolly going to use Feliks Skrzynecki, Crossing the Red Sea and Kornelia Woloszczuk because for me they are the easiest to write an essay about because i can link them most easily to each other.
If you're having trouble deciding i found doing a mindmap of the ideas conveyed in the poems helped me to discover key points i could use in essays/creative writing pieces to link them to each other, and likewise to my related texts and texts in the change booklet.
Does anybody think they're likely to ask about any more than two of the texts from the changing booklet??

lizzy

I think it doesn't really matter which poems you use as long as you have things to say about them. i'm probably going to use Felix and Migrant Hostel only b/c i know them the best. you have to make sure you know about the techniques each one employs. i think picking ones you are familiar with is probably the best - i've done a lot of work on those two.

so yeah...

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
just make sure they fit in well with ur thesis
i'm doin post card and red sea.. firstly cuz they fit in well with my essay as a whole, but also cuz they're my faves and i've thought about them.. so they're a bit easier to write about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)