anyone doing biochemistry of movement in 2007? (1 Viewer)

HSC
all4gsus said:
i'm from mlc.... at burwood.

and i'm using the excel book too... our text book doesn't have it... but i'm gonna ask the pe teachers at school as well as bio and food tech teachers... casue they'd probably knokw a bit about it...

yeah, i dont think i have to do an assesment for biochem either... and there's only two people in our school who are doing biochem... and we're the first two to ever do it in the school! so they have to get it put in the trials especially for us!!

well, when we all start it and start getting notes together, i think we shoudl all share them.... but it does look really interesting.
KCC is in the riverina.
The excel book I've got it kind of crappy. It's been made for the new syllabus not the one we're on. Apparently the macquarie one is good but I don't have any access to one at the moment. What text book are you using?
I have a pracexam next week too. on titrations. Teacher told us, which seems a bit odd.
I don't think we're doing an assignment on Chemical Monotoring and Management. It seem yucky but, we started it on Friday.
Oh, if anyone has any info on this outcome: "process information from a simplified flow chart of biochemical pathways to identify and describe the oxidation of a typical fatty acid to acetyl CoA" could they please help me. It's in my assignment and I have no idea what to do. Its not in my text book and my excel book and HSC online is NO help at all. Please help me!!!

Gabble9889

HSC
sorry i cant be of much help! i havent started it yet! but you should try science.uniserve.edu.au it might be helpful!

good luck with the titratioN! eekkk i hated doing that! we had to quickly do it and so we arent gonna be doing that for our prac assesment thank god! lol we are doing molar heat of combustion for ours! whihc kinda sucks because i keep stuffing up my calculations! lol

the macquire revision book is GREAT... for Core chem! but it doesnt have the biochem option... only the boring shipwrecks and some other option!

also c if your teacher as acess to OTEN booklets! my teacher says that she doesnt! i believe its a load of bull! my pd teacher is trying to track it down for me cos we use the OTEn booklets for PD!

GOOD LUCK with everything

HSC
Gabble9889 said:
sorry i cant be of much help! i havent started it yet! but you should try science.uniserve.edu.au it might be helpful!

good luck with the titratioN! eekkk i hated doing that! we had to quickly do it and so we arent gonna be doing that for our prac assesment thank god! lol we are doing molar heat of combustion for ours! whihc kinda sucks because i keep stuffing up my calculations! lol

the macquire revision book is GREAT... for Core chem! but it doesnt have the biochem option... only the boring shipwrecks and some other option!

also c if your teacher as acess to OTEN booklets! my teacher says that she doesnt! i believe its a load of bull! my pd teacher is trying to track it down for me cos we use the OTEn booklets for PD!

GOOD LUCK with everything
I looked on the uniserve one before, not really much there. But thanks anyway.

My friend (aka chem and bio buddy) is getting the macquarie chem on the weekend I think so between my excel and her macquarie, school notes, hsc online and our text book, I should be ok. I hope!

We did molar heat of combustion for the production and materials prac but cuase we didn't have a teacher for then it didnt really work. Long story. We had about 3 or 4 lessons doing titiration, the prac exam is next wednesday in our double and we are going to be able to have practice ones in lunch some time this week. Not tomorrow cause school's closed cause one of the teachers passed away and not friday cause we have a pupil free day. 3 days of school! YAY! Good luck with you prac assement! I strongly suggestion knowing the formulary thing the -M=CAT A being the triangle.

I will ask my teacher about the OTEN booklets, he probably won't have them though. I haven't heard of them. Are they good?

Will you have everything in chem finsihed for trials?

Gabble9889

HSC
i know mCAT like the back of my hand! lol thats the only formula i remeber lol i always forget to do the molar bit though after working out mCAT lol

we were suppose to do all that jazz with titrations and work during lunch and stuff but my teacher is kinda of a clack arse and teaches us NOTHING rushes through everything so we will be on time for trials!

i hope i will have it all done by trials but the good thing is i can do it all on my own! so i wont get caught up with the rest of the class if they are behind!

i have only used the OTEN books for pd and they are really good for that! basic but good! so i think they will be alright for chem if they have them! better have it as another resource than not having it neway!

i so are u and ur friend both doing biochem? lucky if u are atleast u have another person! lol thank god for this little thread little study group in the futur weeks on here lol!

HSC
Nah, my friend isn't doing biochem, she's doing industrial like the rest of my class. That's why I started this. I'm actually surprised, looking at previous threads on here how many people have replied. We're putting all the other years to shame!
Yeah I think this study group willbe good, especially with the sharing notes thing, I don't know how good my notes are.

Gabble9889

HSC
im so glad i found this tread! maybe this will strart a future outbreak of biochemers! lol

what type are u guys getting for normal chem! its sad im doing really bad atm! but i am coming 2nd in my class not that fair from first! lol im hoping biochem can push me above the rest of the class by heaps

all4gsus

HSC
~fallen angel~ said:
We did molar heat of combustion for the production and materials prac but cuase we didn't have a teacher for then it didnt really work. Long story. We had about 3 or 4 lessons doing titiration, the prac exam is next wednesday in our double and we are going to be able to have practice ones in lunch some time this week. Not tomorrow cause school's closed cause one of the teachers passed away and not friday cause we have a pupil free day. 3 days of school! YAY! Good luck with you prac assement! I strongly suggestion knowing the formulary thing the -M=CAT A being the triangle.

I will ask my teacher about the OTEN booklets, he probably won't have them though. I haven't heard of them. Are they good?

Will you have everything in chem finsihed for trials?
Ok, what is OTEN?? i haven't heard of it..... :S but if it's good, i might just look into it!

with the titration stuff? it's really easy... we did that in class the other day for our assesment... mind you, we haven't got it back yet, but it's heaps easier than half the other pracs we do... i have an oral next week on the preparation and testing of a natural indicator... but i can't just do that prac, i have to cover all the dot points on that page... which sucks..... but it's only for 5 minutes, so i'll be right. :)

I'm hoping to start biochem next week sometime... i'll prob be asking heaps of questions starting next week... so watch out!

Gabble9889

HSC
OTEN is the booklets that get given to those peoples doing a subject by correspondance or distance ed! they are a good source esp with the other stuff on hsc online and excel!

i did the molar heat of combustion for our prac assesment today! and i think i did really well! im hoping lol... most of the others in my class werent doing calculations properley! and im confiedent that i was so fingers crossed! i think i have a bit over a week till i start biochem! hopefully lol!

HSC
Lol, today in chem we were doing practice titration to repare ourselves for prac on wednesday and the HCl was made wrong, I don't know what happened, but out indicator is supposed to change when we'd added 15mL HCl teacher said and we put 50mL in hadnt changed!! Fingers crossed that doesnt happen for prac!
If anyone needs help with biochem I'm very willing to help, I'm nearly finished. At 7th major outcome!! Only 3 to go!!!
Hope your speech goes well all4gsus!

all4gsus

HSC
yeah, thanks...i reckon i did ok... but what was even ebtter was that we got back our other assesment, our prac on titrations... and i topped my class!!! which i was very excited about.... i've gone from failing to topping the class.

haha. are you sure you made the base solution right? that's kinda funny... we haven't had any pracs not work out... except for the ones out teacher demonstrates for us... they always go wrong.

i'm on holidays after next week... so exciting! but i have so much work to do... :( that wont be fun.

Gabble9889

HSC
ha i have done the same! gone from getting like 38% to 76% in my prac assesment and came second! GO US !

all4gsus

HSC
haha. yeah... good on us. now we just have to top the grade in biochem, and we'll be right!! :)

all4gsus

HSC
Well everyone, i just thought i'd let you all know that thanks to ur support... i ranked 6th in that assesment... my oral on natural indicators..... and 3rd in the titration assesment!!!

I am so happy.... and holidays start on friday... so biochem, here i come!!

HSC
Congrats on your grades and that guys! Sorry I haven't been posting lately. Had to do/finish 3 assesments this week. Religion assignment due monday, Bio prac exam today and Biochem assi tomorrow. Don't worry I finishedit friday, pretty easy! One of the guys in my class reckons their doing biochem as their options but they hadn't started the assigment on monday. Idiots!! I don't want them to do it! They're silly. Sorry I'm a little angry that they're doing it and they think they smarter than me! Stupid men!!!
Oh, what text books are you guys using?
Haven't go my tirtation prac results back :( I think I did ok, it was weird but cause we all had different shades of liquid after titration. LOL.
Hope you's are having good holidays.

all4gsus

HSC
nah, it's an option in chemistry... and it's not the same as pe... it has similar stuff... like, atp, muscle types, but it's different... apparently it's basically what you'd do first year biochem at uni...

all4gsus

HSC
oh, really? i have to try and get it done in the next 3 days... what text book did u use? and did u do it with a teacher?? my teachers are being really unco-operative.

HSC
i used hsc online and chemistry contexts 2 on cd and any other additionally resources if i needed then
no, didn't do it with my teacher, he claims to know nothing about the subject!

all4gsus

HSC
great. so where can i get these chemistry context things? cuase i have 2 weeks till trials... and as you can probably tell, i was lazy and didnt' do anything in the holidays for biochem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)