• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone doing a co-op program for finance/accunting/actuarial studies.. (1 Viewer)

jonathan__

HSC
Well yeh im in yr 12 n really keen on getting this thing. But yeh i jus wanna know wat my chances r. And i figured the best way was to ask you guys wat uai's u got and "community projects, etc." u did. Thanks in advance

tempco

HSC
well, you have to do well in the hsc, but a 99 isn't necessary. heaps of people make the interview round, and that's where most people are weeded out. afaik, they asked a few questions about the australian economy and such, so reading up on the financial section of the newspapers would be a good idea. and an engaging personality is a must, imo.

btw, i'm not a co-op. i just know quite a few of them.

sunny

meh.
HSC
You can read alot about people's opinion on coop in general - theres been quite a few threads about it in the past. Have a search and see what questions they might answer for you.

jonathan__

HSC
can ppl plz suggest sum projects to do? i jus finished mah trials todai so i 've got time to burn. yeh i mite b sacrificing sum of mah uai points but i'm going for arnd 98ish so it's not too demanding. Also, wat kind of q's about the aust economy?

jonathan__

HSC
omg seems like i betr start soon...very long list...btw, joycelai87, wat uai did u get or wat range is it between?

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
I applied for co-op, but didn't get one.

I was ranked 2nd in my school by my headmaster, and got a UAI of 98.7.

So, the golden advice was already stated by Eagle: do extra stuff, school or non-school related. UAIs don't really matter (at first?), since they won't actually know your UAI anyway when you first submitted the form - you haven't even done the HSC yet by then!

Btw, I got turned down even in the first round. The most probable reason was that I didn't do much extra-curricular activities at all in High School.

Last edited:

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
how many rounds of interviews are there?

I applied today! Wish me luck! :p

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Eagles said:
how many rounds of interviews are there?

I applied today! Wish me luck! :p
One interview. Two ppl will interview you, some1 from the UNSW School that runs the program and some1 from from the sponsor company.

Best of luck!

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
hahahhahaha... *sigh* Got a form rejection letter NOT sent by co-ordinator, but by his assistant. I'm so peeved off at that I wrote to heckler..

Haku

would u reckon i should apply even though i didn;t do much at all, if any extra school activity, or community stuff or leadership stuff. and uai wise would be like 96...

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
nosadness said:
would u reckon i should apply even though i didn;t do much at all, if any extra school activity, or community stuff or leadership stuff. and uai wise would be like 96...
would you lose anything for applying? the worst that can happen is you get rejected, which is what happens when you dont apply at all.

Haku

isn't that u only get rejected like after the actual interview, or can they look at ur application and cut u out?

oh and i got bad hand writing...wat to do?

sunny

meh.
HSC
nosadness said:
isn't that u only get rejected like after the actual interview, or can they look at ur application and cut u out?
You can be rejected at the application stage. You can also get rejected at the interview stage (or be short listed, or be offered a scholarship).

nosadness said:
oh and i got bad hand writing...wat to do?
Type out your answers, probably no smaller than 12pt, print it out, and glue it to the application form - then photocopy it to get a clean copy of the form with no stuff glued to it.

Last edited:

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
nosadness said:
isn't that u only get rejected like after the actual interview?
Yeah right.. u'd wish! I'd have owned in the interview..

heres a sample of what they'll send you if you get rejected.

Dear Derek,

Thank you for your application for a Co-op Scholarship.

Unfortunately you have not been selected for an interview. The standard of all applications was extremely high and I am certain that you will succeed with your academic and career aspirations.

I wish you well for the future.

P.R
Accounting Co-op Co-ordinator

Sent by:
N.C
School of Accounting
UNSW
heh!! I'll wish him the best for the future too! When he works for me.

Last edited:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Eagles said:
heh!! I'll wish him the best for the future too! When he works for me.
You want to work at UNSW?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
So you want to be the chancellor guy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)