EDIT
HSC
N/A
I think most people treat it as an indirect path to Commerce. :p

Majesty

HSC
N/A
It's a good degree, although the e in eBusiness is a bit off putting :rolleyes:

But yeah it's a great pathway into either the computing degrees or business ones.

c00kiezncreme

heyy!

babyboy, I went to Macarthur girls high..wat skool did u go to?

yeah most ppl are def using this degree to transfer into something else!

But wat are the chances of me gettin in? I've been so worried :confused:

Like how many ppl would reject the offer? The course is def not in demand, so thas a good sign for me to get in right?

I jus want some hope!!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i hope its a good degree, cuz the fact that so many ppl wanna transfer is making me worried about that :(... but yeh im gonna accept. I just can't decide if i wanna major in Multimedia or Management...gah.

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pb
i hope its a good degree, cuz the fact that so many ppl wanna transfer is making me worried about that :(... but yeh im gonna accept. I just can't decide if i wanna major in Multimedia or Management...gah.
Basically, if you enjoy what your doing, have relatively good grades and make good contacts with industry and find any sort of part time/casual work experience whilst at uni any degree is a good degree.

Remember all a degree is a very expensive piece of un-recycled paper that says you know enough to get your first job. After that nobody cares about your degree.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Majesty
Remember all a degree is a very expensive piece of un-recycled paper that says you know enough to get your first job. After that nobody cares about your degree.
Unless it's an degree in Actuarial Studies at Macq :p:D

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
yeah a degree is only used for when u get your first job.. after that when u get another job dey look at your experiences from you previous job and dont giv a cows ass about your degree.

:chainsaw:

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
Unless it's an degree in Actuarial Studies at Macq :p:D
In which case it's ...

Remember all a degree is a very expensive piece of un-recycled paper that says you know enough to get your first job. After that nobody cares about your degree and if you do Acturial Studies you have to work your arse off even harder for this piece of paper. :D
Happy? :D

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
lol, Of course you failed to mention that the Actuarial paper opens a treasure chest of gold. ;)

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
lol, Of course you failed to mention that the Actuarial paper opens a treasure chest of gold. ;)
Indeed. I'm wondering though, if there's so many people doing Acturial and the way the insurance companies in Australia are. Will there really be a treasure chest in the end for most people?

Oh and i'm only at uni to get my degree work for 5 years or so, then i'm starting my own business. That's where all the bling bling is. The degree will be moreso of a backup thing.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Majesty, if you can, don't double post. :)

Btw, it's only 4 years for Part II (which should yield a min of 60K)... Part III requires another two years and should be around 80K. Then it increases at say 15-20K a year. But Australia isn't much good, you could get exactly the same figures except with stronger currencies. :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's just good forum manners because people might think you're spamming. :p

It's not much effort considering what it at the end. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)