Anyone do martial arts? (1 Viewer)

daveisb

HSC
Ah I just saw the Parisyan vs Burkman fight. That was an amazing harai goshi in the first round.

Oh yeah, my friend ended up cleaning up the BJJ comp. He won the last match with a semi-flying armbar. It was actually nuts haha. Go Sydney!

Last edited:

Quintin

HSC
i do WTF Tae Kwon Do with Eastern Suburbs TKD ( http://www.bjtkd.com.au/ )... Anyway ive been doing it for about 7 years and doing it at ESTKD is probably one of the best decisions i have ever made (along with going to Drews ;))

bcfighter

HSC
ohh ok cool, yea one of my freinds represents australia in taekwondo, he recently won silver at the junior olympics held here in australia, mayb u've heard of him. there going soon to Jordon to compete in some world championships or something.

i recently went to the australia senior taekwondo team selections in liverpool whitlam centre, great sport, but not for me :)

Josh_W

HSC
...dammit i wanted to be the first one to get capoeira in.

i love being obscure. ehehe.

and if anything, the HSC's making me do it more. :)

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
Kempo-ryu blacktown, had to quit for hsc. 3.5yrs, shame/waste/quiter..

personally i don't like GKR's style, during contin. kumite you fight like point.. like wtf dude its bloody contin. but ye, and a few movements that boggle me..

one of your blackbelts came here^^ after 15 or so yrs with GKR...
=P

Partisan

HSC
N/A
pattii said:
Kempo-ryu blacktown, had to quit for hsc. 3.5yrs, shame/waste/quiter..

personally i don't like GKR's style, during contin. kumite you fight like point.. like wtf dude its bloody contin. but ye, and a few movements that boggle me..

one of your blackbelts came here^^ after 15 or so yrs with GKR...
=P
At least you have a chance to fight off rapists.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
ShaneRichards13 said:
I do freestyle tae kwon do 1st dan black belt.
I choose to drink the blood of infants.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
ari89 said:
I choose to drink the blood of infants.
I fear for your child lol. Just kidding.
I have a question for you guys. What is the most practical form of martial arts which also helps with fitness?
I was thinking about taking Wing chun but not sure, there are so many styles and also being in Australia (sydney) the availability of an instructor is an issue that comes into play sooo.
Any ideas?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
MathsIsWeird said:
I fear for your child lol. Just kidding.
I have a question for you guys. What is the most practical form of martial arts which also helps with fitness?
I was thinking about taking Wing chun but not sure, there are so many styles and also being in Australia (sydney) the availability of an instructor is an issue that comes into play sooo.
Any ideas?
I do wing chun, it's very practical streetwise, and you don't have to have the biggest build to make it all work. The IWCA (international wing chun academy) has a great range of instructors for wing chun in australia if you're interested (they're based in sydney, the gold coast and adelaide).

BJJ is also pretty good, my friend does it and he's pretty unstoppable when the fighting hits ground level. The craziest guys i've seen sparring are muay thai by far; i wouldn't wanna get one of those guys angry. I was interested but the amount of conditioning they do is crazy.

I've also wanted to give escrima/kali stick fighting a go.

Last edited:

MathsIsWeird

HSC
Any one know about small circle Jujitsu and if there are any places within sydney that teach it?
Also about Wing chun i have a big build not body builder build but big does it have any positive or negative affects to learning Wing chun?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)