Anyone do Bachelor of Communication in Journalism? (1 Viewer)

K

Kozak92

Hi UWSers just a few questions on the course:

-To anyone that is currently partaking in this course how are the hours per week?
-Do you find it an enjoyable course?
-What are your opinions on the teachings?
-Did you find it easy to find work experience in this field??
-If I do not receive an ATAR high enough, how hard is it to transfer from a course that required less of an ATAR
-Are we dragged down on the list if we only make the cutoff due to the regional bonus?

Also I was thinking about transferring to another Uni at the end of the year but honestly I've looked up UWS, ignoring the bullshit about rep, and it seems like a great place to be and the Penrith Campus isn't all that far away from me (30min drive from Granville) :D

Would you still recommend, if I received high enough marks, to transfer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stringer Bell

HSC
N/A
Hi UWSers just a few questions on the course:

-To anyone that is currently partaking in this course how are the hours per week?
-Do you find it an enjoyable course?
-If I do not receive an ATAR high enough, how hard is it to transfer from a course that required less of an ATAR
-Are we dragged down on the list if we only make the cutoff due to the regional bonus?

Also I was thinking about transferring to another Uni at the end of the year but honestly I've looked up UWS, ignoring the bullshit about rep, and it seems like a great place to be and the Penrith Campus isn't all that far away from me (30min drive from Granville) :D

Would you still recommend, if I received high enough marks, to transfer?
-Not really, I didn't feel safe in the classes
-Not very good, the janitor had to take the class a number of times
-No, well i had to work at an op shop for some reason
- I got a raw ATAR of 26 but due to the bonus point scheme (hehe) i got into UWS B Comm.

Yea its a great place to be, stay!! UWS PRIDE!!

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
I didn't think it was possible to ask a 'wrong' question, but you managed somehow.

You'll fit right in at UWS

K

Kozak92

Yo im in year 12, not in Uni yet so this stuff is new to me. Would be cool to get some proper answers rather than bashing UWS.

ZaraKu

HSC
I'm about to start my first year in Journalism at UWS, from what I've heard the course is good, I was considering staying here at Newcstle to do my degree but there has been so much critisism over the Communications course (the main complaint being many of the lecturers are old and haven't fully embraced much of the newer technology needed in a course like this) whereas I've been told the Comm. lecturers at UWS are alot younger, bring fresher ideas to the table and take advantage of the latest and best materials available to them. Every uni has good and bad reps, if you really wanna study at UWS then go for it I say

chefman21

HSC
N/A
+1

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm really looking forward to getting started. You?

K

Kozak92

I'm about to start my first year in Journalism at UWS, from what I've heard the course is good, I was considering staying here at Newcstle to do my degree but there has been so much critisism over the Communications course (the main complaint being many of the lecturers are old and haven't fully embraced much of the newer technology needed in a course like this) whereas I've been told the Comm. lecturers at UWS are alot younger, bring fresher ideas to the table and take advantage of the latest and best materials available to them. Every uni has good and bad reps, if you really wanna study at UWS then go for it I say
Thanks, much appreciated.

+1

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm really looking forward to getting started. You?
Pretty excited about taking up this field of study but I first have to achieve the ATAR so we'll see :D

ZaraKu

HSC
Just to clarify I'm starting this year. I did my HSC in 2000
Ahh cool, I did mine in 2008, but had a terrible uai so did an enabling course at newcastle uni to reapply for uni entry. I've wanted to this course since I was 15, so getting do journalism is a dream for me. Hopefully we could meet up at orientation if your going?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)