Anyone applied for internal transfer this year? (1 Viewer)

Ava

HSC
I applied for HRM, but haven't heard anything back about it.

I emailed them a few days ago asking when I should be expecting to hear back from them, but still haven't recieved a reply.

Anyone esle applied for internal transfer for this year? What did you apply for?

Is anyone here doing HRM btw? I wanna know if its a good course or not...someone said to me (who doesn't go to macq -.-;;) that I should try and transfer to commerce at a different uni...is it that bad to do commerce at macq?!?!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
applied for 'law transfer', ie- into the first yr law units. i think they told me to expect to find out about acceptance by 11th jan.

i completely do not expect to get in. in fact, i would put money on it. :eek:

X

xeuyrawp

redruM said:
applied for 'law transfer', ie- into the first yr law units. i think they told me to expect to find out about acceptance by 11th jan.

i completely do not expect to get in. in fact, i would put money on it. :eek:
But the applications are due on the 11th...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ava said:
I wanna know if its a good course or not...someone said to me (who doesn't go to macq -.-;;) that I should try and transfer to commerce at a different uni...is it that bad to do commerce at macq?!?!
From what i hear a B Comm-Accg will get you CPA/CA accreditation.

UNSW and UTS from what i hear have stronger 'links' to the industry, but i dont know how that works. Since theres a standard of teaching, i don't think theres really that much difference in coursework, otherwise there'd be a problem with the accreditation.

^___^
HSC
why do ppl here care so much about the undergrad reputation, when the international (well, in the US at least) standard looks at post grad more...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
PwarYuex said:
But the applications are due on the 11th...
yes. you are correct, which is why i said, "i think..."

X

xeuyrawp

redruM said:
yes. you are correct, which is why i said, "i think..."
hehe.

I think law transferees find out really late, like the mid Feb or something?

X

xeuyrawp

... said:
why do ppl here care so much about the undergrad reputation, when the international (well, in the US at least) standard looks at post grad more...
I think it's because the Australian university system is far more undergrad-orientated than foreign (particularly Japan and the US) unis.

I mean, in the US, you don't really even do 'accounting' until your later years. Hence why so many vocational degrees (accounting, engineering, law, teaching, medicine) are actually attained via post-grad, honours, or a final-year transfer.

A lot of American unis don't even have an undergrad LLB entrance; you do a BA and then transfer to a combined degree in your second last year so you can be awarded a law degree. I know that even a few unis (it's specific to a few American states) don't even award an LLB at all, but require a student to have a bachelors and an LLM or a JD to be qualified.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I think it's because the Australian university system is far more undergrad-orientated than foreign (particularly Japan and the US) unis.

I mean, in the US, you don't really even do 'accounting' until your later years. Hence why so many vocational degrees (accounting, engineering, law, teaching, medicine) are actually attained via post-grad, honours, or a final-year transfer.

A lot of American unis don't even have an undergrad LLB entrance; you do a BA and then transfer to a combined degree in your second last year so you can be awarded a law degree. I know that even a few unis (it's specific to a few American states) don't even award an LLB at all, but require a student to have a bachelors and an LLM or a JD to be qualified.
I'm pretty sure in America the LLB does not exist (at least not at the top 100 law schools as far as I am aware). Law can only be studied post-grad through a JD (Juris Doctor) after 4 years of undergrad and then sitting for the LSAT. Students usually have significant work experience between an undergrad and a JD.

A JD is available at the University of Melbourne.
http://jd.law.unimelb.edu.au/

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
I'm pretty sure in America the LLB does not exist (at least not at the top 100 law schools as far as I am aware). Law can only be studied post-grad through a JD (Juris Doctor) after 4 years of undergrad and then sitting for the LSAT. Students usually have significant work experience between an undergrad and a JD.

A JD is available at the University of Melbourne.
http://jd.law.unimelb.edu.au/
I know that it used to exist, but I guess it may not anymore? Wikipedia says that it's not really used in the US anymore, so I guess you're right.

But yeah, my point still stands that Australian unis are far more under-grad orientated...
JDs awarded in Australia are just the equivalent of a grad LLB, though. I don't think I've ever seen a NSW uni offer a JD, although I know Monash and UMelb does -- so maybe it's a Victorian thing?

From the look of the NSW Bar website and the LPAB website (http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/lpab/ll_lpab.nsf/pages/lpab_secondandfourthschedule), I don't think you can practice (ie, get legal admission) in NSW with a JD, even if you do the travelling Barrister exam/application.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i applied to transfer to commerce-accounting and i havnet got anything back yet either
boooo
i will call them tomorrow

Ava

HSC
AsyLum said:
From what i hear a B Comm-Accg will get you CPA/CA accreditation.

UNSW and UTS from what i hear have stronger 'links' to the industry, but i dont know how that works. Since theres a standard of teaching, i don't think theres really that much difference in coursework, otherwise there'd be a problem with the accreditation.
Oh I don't want to do accounting XD

The macq HRM course was introduced for this year wasn't it?
I know theres alot of people out there who just think doing most things at SYD or UNSW is better but I was wondering specifically for HRM since thats what I'll [hopefully] be transferring to~

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Ava said:
Oh I don't want to do accounting XD

The macq HRM course was introduced for this year wasn't it?
no it was first introduced last year so ur the 2nd group doing the course

i think im the only person on these forums doing HR at MQ so if u have any questions dont be afraid to asked me

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
can someone help me find anything related to transfers (ie- forms, links etc)

or do you HAVE to go to ses? is it too late now?

X

xeuyrawp

redruM said:
can someone help me find anything related to transfers (ie- forms, links etc)

or do you HAVE to go to ses? is it too late now?
The law form's due tomorrow. Is that what you're after?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
PwarYuex said:
The law form's due tomorrow. Is that what you're after?
no i mean the general transfer forms, ie- from app fin/accg to just accg.

i found something on the mq site, but it only said to contact ses. no dates or details. (i cant re-find the link)

Ava

HSC
redruM said:
no i mean the general transfer forms, ie- from app fin/accg to just accg.

i found something on the mq site, but it only said to contact ses. no dates or details. (i cant re-find the link)
http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/UGStudents/COP/cop.htm
http://www.student.mq.edu.au/ses/DegreeTransfers.htm

It's too late to hand in a form for this year I think....anyway take a look at the link..

Edit:
Oh and I got my letter from mq today about my transfer. I can relax now. :D

Last edited:

- L1n -

HSC
i knew i got in to it several days ago, but not from the letter i got today. If u go to estudent and chek the re-enrolment section, underneath course details it should say wat courses you are currently in. when i checked mine it said BIT (Re-Parented) , BAppFin + Bcomm- Accg (Admitted). So yeh, letter did'nt do much, it did'nt even tell us when we can formerly enroll thru estudent, it said macaquarie student email, i don't even know my Mq email. I remeber i had one for IT which i never used. Better call tomoz.

^___^
HSC
i think when you transfer into a new degree, you enroll physically, like when the HSC kiddies did it once they got their offers...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Degree Transfer forms will be available from the 19th December to 6th January 2006.

:(

now if i dont do it next semester, i am somewhat screwed....

i just hope i can transfer at the end this semester and graduate at the end of semester 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)