anybody regretting design and tech?! (1 Viewer)

pear head

HSC
i regret doing this subject. i dun understand a thing...and im always getting bad marks...i shouldve dropped it at the end of yr 11...how bout you guys?

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
pear head said:
i regret doing this subject. i dun understand a thing...and im always getting bad marks...i shouldve dropped it at the end of yr 11...how bout you guys?
did it in yr 9 and 10 as an elective...

i got a B in yr 9 and C in yr 10.... pretty shit marks.

i used to hate the subject; but the only good thing about it was that i could draw while listening to my favourite songs... and it taught me to sit on my ass for more than 3 hours in a row. Which is more than i can say about any other subject in yr 9 / 10...

bazman

what worries?

whats there to understand in DT, the whole year 12 consists of some silly design, which the markers would of seen a thousand times before ( anybody else making a guitar case?) im not doing that bad but will only get an average score. so just enjot dt as a subject in which u can catch up on other things...like sleep

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
when everything goes wrong with my project then i regret choosing it, otherwise its ok most the time..that is until the last minute rush happens!!

shiroangel

akaNiCoL3
HSC
hey, i do DT.....and im gettin reallli good marks for it....over 90% overall so far but i regret choosin it so much cuz i hav to put SO much effort into it to do well.......lyk most of my times are spent workin on my mdp........so full on regrets......oh wellz......
cant bak out nowz

pear head

HSC
well..im finding it difficult the fact that there are only three people in class. and im not motivated to work consistently cos the others arent either....also i have two other majors...anybody doing CAFS as well ad Visual arts?

niteshade1312

HSC
bazman said:
whats there to understand in DT, the whole year 12 consists of some silly design, which the markers would of seen a thousand times before ( anybody else making a guitar case?) im not doing that bad but will only get an average score. so just enjot dt as a subject in which u can catch up on other things...like sleep
I think that is the worse way to look at teh subject. WHY THE HELL would you do something that the markers have seen? Why wouldn't you try to be inventive and interesting?! The whole reason I am doing DT is because I wanted to design something that hasn't been thought of or seen before, whats teh fun in doing something that already exists.. That's not the point of designing or DT?!

DanielleM

HSC
l agree with nightshade l chose it so l could do something diffferent and unique, somethingt that would be eye catching to the market or support a need

fakingtheday

HSC
I did a personal need, plus the guitar really expanded my knowledge and gave me a much deeper appreciation for everything to do with the instrument. And with little chance to change the design i really had to ponder to find an innovation

DanielleM

HSC
well thats the whole point of dt isnt it? l know some ppl who choose it as a bludge subject and they get sooo behind that they dun think and choose the most basic un- original design its not funny!

niteshade1312

HSC
fakingtheday said:
There's at least 5 people in my class building a box. And the teacher is building it for them.
That's actaully really sad. I have the best teacher in the world and she still wouldn't make it for them. She would guilt us and say we had all the time in the world and we were really ahead of the game as a year before the Summer holidays.

If you wanted to choose a bluydge subject, I DEFINATELY wouldn't have chosen DT.. Definately on eof the most stressful ones!

fakingtheday

HSC
ha ha my teacher is great. We get along really well, i sort of grew up at his house. Been friends with his son for a long time. But he's really into equality, so while the motivated students are working he'll just do stuff for them. But yeah it is sad, because they drag us down.

niteshade1312

HSC
well hopefully there will be some people in your class that will bring those bottom people up. That's what people in my class are trying to do.. bring the bad people up.. And it's not that they are abd, they just don't put the work in.

jgirl<><

HSC
pear head said:
oh yeh, i should have dropped it instead of hospo which i was acutally good at even tho i didnt enjoy. I dont understand much of the whole thing either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)