Anybody going to the open day? (1 Viewer)

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
oiya im goin to the open day should be good! bout only 10 kids from my school were allowed to go on the trip on the bus cause of other schools all goin with us or sumthin

HSC
i am going to be there with a few mates
my school wouldn't organise anything the bastards
hoping to be accepted for B Communications or B Arts

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
make sure you all get there early if u want to look at the colleges, cos i think college tours are only in the morning - this year they are trying to make more of an emphasis on the stuff up top ('up top' is what we call the actual uni) rather than the colleges

$a®e

HSC
i went there today...after driving from the goldie for 6 hours yesterday n 6 back today...i thought it was sweet time...helped me make my decision for what college to choose.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
hahaha robb is the college for cowboys and akubras! (although albies has their fair share of those too...)

and albies didn't do itself justice yesterday... i could make excuses but i won't... but we're way better than what we showed yesterday

moose87

"iwnf"
HSC
Argonaut said:
Hated Austin and Earle Page, both reeked of arrogance ("we came first in this, we're the only campus with that")
im @ Austin and i was on hols for open day (nurses have diff hols)....im not going to defend austin and say that wat u think isnt tru im jus curious to know who took u on the tour and why it sucked so much...jus curious...

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
i thought austin was alright,the dude who showed us round was mad lad n probably made the college seem better than wat it was.The building seemed pretty shit but lol. Drummond n smith had a mad courtyard but the 2 servings of food thing sucks.I dont kno wat ill do with being able to only get seconds for every meal only 3 times a day

Danoz The Great

HSC
Duval looked awesome.
Drummond and Smith looked terrible.
Austin looked so-so.
Earle Page was the same, the chick was a bit rude.
Robb College looked okay but yes, full of cowboys and the like

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
anyone get shown around duval by a tall long haired bearded guy, who looked amazingly hungover?
thats me

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
mmm the 2 guys that showed me n my mates round duval were genuine nerds, real nice fellas but! he was goin on about how he hates alcohol and laughed at this other fella when he said he had 20 gig of music as in it wasnt much. duval looked real homie but i dano, not fun?

moose87

"iwnf"
HSC
Argonaut said:
Short guy in his first year, with ice-blue eyes, short black hair and stubble. Think he's on the disciplinary committee. The reason I didn't like it was because they basically tried to say you're better than the lot because you've got this, this, this, this and that, they were constantly compaing themselves to the other colleges, the rooms were more like cells, most of them seemed to be geared towards being ravers, no-one there was friendly (especially all through B Block), etc.
mmm...i cant figure out who it woulda been...
i doubt he was on the disciplinary committee cos we dont have one as such...

at the end of the day pick which college u can see urself living in for weeks on end...unless ur close to home...

see when i did the whole open day thing the chick who showed us round albies was a dickhead - she was saying how only certain people are allowed in and how you have to live up to certain expectations to be liked by 'albies ppl'...but we only toured albies robb n austin...

it depends on first impressions i spose...

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
moose87 said:
see when i did the whole open day thing the chick who showed us round albies was a dickhead - she was saying how only certain people are allowed in and how you have to live up to certain expectations to be liked by 'albies ppl'...

it depends on first impressions i spose...
i completely agree with the whole first impressions thing.. as well as agreeing with u saying whoever showed u around albies was a dickhead

i wouldn't say only certain ppl are allowed into albies considering we have people from a wide range of degrees: ag, law, nursing, teaching, nat res, business, commerce etc.. as well as from a wide range of places: armidale, wagga, tamworth, west australia, canberra, sydney, brisbane (and obviously a whole lot more) and people who are sporty, cultural, brainy, alcoholics etc... and i would think that would be found at most of the une colleges...

the best advice i can give when choosing is to stick with your gut instinct, talk to people who have been to the colleges and ask people their opinions on particular colleges (for instance i'd say albies is #1 but from what i know, and the type of people i know from other colleges i'd say duval is a great place too) and also certain colleges tend to attract certain types of people and hence degrees, so i'd go with that too (considering if a lot of people at your college do your degree it's very handy for help, textbooks, assignments etc..)

bboy_insane

HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Short guy in his first year, with ice-blue eyes, short black hair and stubble. Think he's on the disciplinary committee. The reason I didn't like it was because they basically tried to say you're better than the lot because you've got this, this, this, this and that, they were constantly compaing themselves to the other colleges, the rooms were more like cells, most of them seemed to be geared towards being ravers, no-one there was friendly (especially all through B Block), etc.
That's gotta be Mitch

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I loved Austin and Earle Page (I've stayed at Austin before and I've always like EP), hated Robb, hated Duval and Drummond, Mary White is a no-go and, Wright is self contained and Albies was pretty good.

I'm gonna out:
1. Austin/EP
2. Austin/EP
3. Albies
4. Mary White
5. Duval
6. Drummond
7. Robb
8. Wright

yeah i visited austin to see a friend last term and it was awesome (hens and bucks night was great lol so much alcohol lol) there are a few people that can be a bit nasty when they are drunk, (i dont know if u know them) but ando and sharky were wanting to fight everyone while i was there but yeah i enjoyed it so much i put it as my first preference....it's a great college for partying and having fun lol

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
most of the colleges up here are pretty good as far as partying goes... don't think austin would be top for partying though - i'd say that would go to albies and robb... and as for austin being bigger partiers cos of their bar (i don't know where that reputation came from but i got quite a few questions on open day about it) - well albies has a bar too, but its only open when there are big functions on in the jcr.. and we have a smaller one open on nights like state of origin...

bboy_insane

HSC
N/A
ballerinabarbie said:
most of the colleges up here are pretty good as far as partying goes... don't think austin would be top for partying though - i'd say that would go to albies and robb... and as for austin being bigger partiers cos of their bar (i don't know where that reputation came from but i got quite a few questions on open day about it) - well albies has a bar too, but its only open when there are big functions on in the jcr.. and we have a smaller one open on nights like state of origin...
Haha I know Albies go out quite a bit, but there's no way you can beat Austin, everyone i know calls Austin the party college. But then again I guess the only way to make Albies look good is by hassling Austin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)