anybody feel like giving up? (1 Viewer)

ech

HSC
i'm so disapointed in my artwork. . and feel like just giving up. is this normal and is it probably just because ive been looking at it for months?

i'm really scared now.. ive just run out of ideas

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
At some stage you need a break.
I drove myself crazy with my BOW. At one stage it just got too much that I decided to just take a week off and focus on something else. By the end of that week I was ready to get back to work and happily painting once more.
There is always time to fix things if it doesn't look right. Try collecting opinions from classmates and other art teachers at school. It's good to just spend a lesson considering the work without actually working on it.

TyndallTkd

HSC
yes. definitely.
i think my BOW has been the most stressful thing so far in my HSC.
i feel the same , i have been looking at it for months, and it just doesn't seem good enough.
my teacher is also pushing me to try and get into art express, and its getting to the point where i think it will never get finished, and if it does, it wont turn out looking like i hope.
i agree with the above posts, take a few days off (if at this point u cant afford to make it a whole week) and then come back to it. then see how you feel.
or if you feel you still need to do more art work, study theory, or write alot in your diary.
i definitly know how you feel though. your not the only one.

FaceForRadio

HSC
it's alright, i think everyone has been there.
i'm doing a film major work, the school's resource dept. lent me the "best camera they had" (like a fifty dollar handycam). i used it anyway, figuring hey, i can still get some great stuff. when i finished it back at the start of may, i showed my teacher and she was blown away, she said it could really possibly get into art express. and then we both realised that the video size was far too small, thanks to the camera i was given.
i almost killed myself, no joke.
but in the long run i've got my hands on a better camera and things are turning out alright now. i'm about halfway done and i have the whole holidays ahead of me to film. i guess the moral of the story is no matter how much things screw up, how awful you feel and how much you hate your work, you're not alone in how you feel.

don't give up, you'll pull through :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)