• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Any wise advice for someone doing 3 Major Projects? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Greetings! Just started my HSC/Year 12 studies. Its currently term four of 2023, i will be graduating in 2024.

I am currently doing subjects i quite enjoy, aside from business studies which i am more *bleh* about. We have Chemistry, English Advanced, English Extension 1 & 2, Visual Arts, Modern History, and Business Studies.

However, i wont, at least for now, have business studies for much longer. As i am keen on taking up History Extension this year instead, as i feel a lot better and a lot more excited to work on one big project rather than Business studies. And i am very nervous, but quite excited about it.

Although i wont gloss over this - it is, with already my Visual Arts major work and Extension 2 Major work, a lot of things to manage. I love the subjects dearly, i really do but im not going to lie and say i know 100% what im doing. Because ive pretty much just got here, i am fresh into this all. Topped on that, i also have ADHD as well as ASD...i have management strategies of course, but thats a road block i feel may be important to mention just incase anyone else here is in the same boat.

So theres gonna be three major works for me: For Art, English 2 and for Modern History.

So i ask! Is there anyone here who has done 3 major works in the past or is currently doing them? How is extension history, whats the course like? And is there any wise advice you happen to have for a particularly over-excited year 11/12 student?

Thank you! :)

HSC
Greetings! Just started my HSC/Year 12 studies. Its currently term four of 2023, i will be graduating in 2024.

I am currently doing subjects i quite enjoy, aside from business studies which i am more *bleh* about. We have Chemistry, English Advanced, English Extension 1 & 2, Visual Arts, Modern History, and Business Studies.

However, i wont, at least for now, have business studies for much longer. As i am keen on taking up History Extension this year instead, as i feel a lot better and a lot more excited to work on one big project rather than Business studies. And i am very nervous, but quite excited about it.

Although i wont gloss over this - it is, with already my Visual Arts major work and Extension 2 Major work, a lot of things to manage. I love the subjects dearly, i really do but im not going to lie and say i know 100% what im doing. Because ive pretty much just got here, i am fresh into this all. Topped on that, i also have ADHD as well as ASD...i have management strategies of course, but thats a road block i feel may be important to mention just incase anyone else here is in the same boat.

So theres gonna be three major works for me: For Art, English 2 and for Modern History.

So i ask! Is there anyone here who has done 3 major works in the past or is currently doing them? How is extension history, whats the course like? And is there any wise advice you happen to have for a particularly over-excited year 11/12 student?

Also just to mention! I am very new to this forum. I think i signed up, like, yesterday. Lol.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
manage your time well. Work backwards from when each one is due and create deadlines for parts of the project to be done by, or set allocated time

Rattlehead15

HSC
I dont do 3 major works (I did 2) but I did eng ext2, biggest tip is plan what youre writing and research thoroughly this term, then write the whole thing in the Christmas holidays. After that, you barely have to worry about the major work for the rest of the year. Ngl I spent english ext 2 periods catching up on other subjects, simply because theres not much else to do apart from the assessment tasks and editing and drafting the rough major work you already wrote.

HSC
update us on your views of the course + major work!! love that you have so many cool interests
Of course! Will provide updates!

But also, tangent incoming because this is a topic that has been on my mind recently: having a bit of a mix match of interests can be a little mind boggling sometimes.

Like, theres art…and then I also love mathematics.

Fun fact though! I'm actually seriously debating exploring the connection between mathematics and literature for my English 2 major work. Because I'm not biased at all.

It's so weird going from chemistry and science, for example, something so objective and so routine, to the flowery prose and text analysis of extension English. So, it's very strange but it's rewarding. Need to rewire my brain every class…ill do history and sometimes forget to let go of the English narrative style of writing.

Consistency is not my forte.

he1nl

HSC

But also, tangent incoming because this is a topic that has been on my mind recently: having a bit of a mix match of interests can be a little mind boggling sometimes.

Fun fact though! I'm actually seriously debating exploring the connection between mathematics and literature for my English 2 major work. Because I'm not biased at all.

It's so weird going from chemistry and science, for example, something so objective and so routine, to the flowery prose and text analysis of extension English. So, it's very strange but it's rewarding. Need to rewire my brain every class…ill do history and sometimes forget to let go of the English narrative style of writing.

no i totally understand what you mean!! it seems like your interests conflict each other a bit (or a lot?), but i think its really cool that you have such a wide spectrum! the history and english style of writing is definitely relatable

also, what do you need to do for your eng ext 2 major work?

HSC
no i totally understand what you mean!! it seems like your interests conflict each other a bit (or a lot?), but i think its really cool that you have such a wide spectrum! the history and english style of writing is definitely relatable

also, what do you need to do for your eng ext 2 major work?
It can be a lot of things. It can be a critical, creative, poem, short film…you name it! You have a progress book too, and the teacher helps you develop the whole thing throughout the year. It's awesome!

alanainpain06

HSC
a

reading this I can already see the English extension 2 take over your mind lol . consistently is for losers :pold:

he1nl

HSC
It can be a lot of things. It can be a critical, creative, poem, short film…you name it! You have a progress book too, and the teacher helps you develop the whole thing throughout the year. It's awesome!
oh wow really? that's so broad and fun then, i wish i took ext 2 eng because i feel like i'm much more creative, but the prospect of doing ext 1 eng is scaaaary

C_master

HSC

Goddamn 3 major works 😱 idk how yall manage it but serious respect I lowkey cant even do one for the life of me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)