Any updates on BIT interview? (1 Viewer)

fatmuscle

HSC
each year roughly 400 people apply for the BIT scholarships at UTS.

Out of those 400 applicants, about 100 of you get an interview which is done over 2 days, 2sessions each day - morning and midday sessions.

Interviews are done by 2 people. A professor from the university and a member of the sponsoring company.

After the interview, you will fall into 3 different categories:
1. Thanks for coming, but you've got no hope of getting in.
2. We like you, all you have to do is do REALLY REALLY well and get a good UAI!!! (roughly about 98+)
3. We really like you, all you have to do is get a reasonably good UAI and we'll let you in for sure (roughly about 94+)

if you want tips on how the interview goes, yell out

Saintly Devil

Yes please, some interview tips would be greatly appreciated.

And what happens when we go there? I mean the email said that there's a briefing and then the interviews during the day. Considering there are about 50 interviewees each day won't we have to wait a long time if we're last?

And do they give any more information in the mail, because the email gave bare minimum info.

Thanks

Last edited:
HSC
:( no interview
hahaha

thanks anyways to all the guys experienced some bitching from me :) and good luck to those who got in~!

-=AETOS=-

Last year they interviewd about 80 people. Since you all show up at the same time, yes you do wait in a room with everybody else (maybe a few hours) but thats ok coz ppl like myself and other 1st years will happily take a day off work to be there to scare the shit out of......i mean help u's all relax :D . Our current group has 22 ppl in it i think. And thats probably lucky, It might be less for the next intake. But nobody really knows until the sponsors make their final commitments

Saintly Devil

Originally posted by -=AETOS=-
Last year they interviewd about 80 people.... Our current group has 22 ppl in it i think. And thats probably lucky, It might be less for the next intake. But nobody really knows until the sponsors make their final commitments
So...how many people are being interviewed this year exactly? It's not 22 right?

And is there anything we can do to prepare for it - other than just read over the application we submitted?

fatmuscle

HSC
if you want tips, talk to -=AETOS=-

PM him!!!

HE'S A SUCCESSFUL B.I.T.!!!

Torien

The letter

I got the letter today, Im up for an interview :). I could use some Interview tips if anyone has them? What are they looking for anyways?

Oh and that comment before about the 94+ and the 98+ must be outdated, coz I have 2 years worth of the UAC books and the old one says the BIT needs a 94+ and the new one says you need a 90+. Im not sure tho. Any other successful interview-getters yet?

:)

Good luck for all of you on monday, I gotta come bnack from schoolies to get there so I hope I get in lol.

-=AETOS=-

nah man they will interview more than 22 ppl im just saying in the course at the moment there are about 22 1st year Students who have scholarships.

And i wouldnt be surprised if they have lowered the UAI cut off because ppl definitly got in last year even though they didnt get into the 90's!! So dont let that turn you off, they are getting more desperate to find good students to give scholarships to!

Addy

HSC
N/A
Helpful hints 4 Interview

Hey guys!

Check out this site.. it has some good tips regarding the BIT interviews @ UTS and what you can expect http://www.pashon.net/bit/

Some tips... just relax and be yourself. The interviewers just want to get to know you better and learn more about what you have written on your application form.

Good luck!
Addy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)