any Tool fans??? (1 Viewer)

4lettersdown

HSC
in the past few months ive been getting pretty heavily into Tool. the idea of progressive metal is pretty fucking awesome, and i just love their rythms, as well as the very deep lyrics and the grunge-esque sensibilities. also i can never resist irreverence in music.
any other fans of this band here?

BeyondDeath

HSC
Yep, I'm a fan here, though I wouldnt really call them metal at all. They are good though and I own Lateralus and Aenima (sp?) but i've yet to listen to 10,000 Days. I've also noticed nearly all drummers are absolutely crazy over them.

4lettersdown

HSC
well not metal in the traditional thrash sense, but I think "progressive metal" is a decent genre for a fairly hard to define band.
lol yeah my drummer drools for the rhythms n shit. they swap time signatures alot, apparently....

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've got them listed as Alternative Metal. I have trouble getting into their music, but I'm more than happy to listen to them if they're on. Which is quite often, as they're really popular at the moment, by non-mainstream standards. They've got a huge fan base.

therealist

HSC
i used Reflection as a journey text last year. that was fun, and gave me an excuse to listen to Lateralus from start to finish rather than study :)

Maynard is like a god.

4lettersdown

HSC
i used Reflection as a journey text last year. that was fun, and gave me an excuse to listen to Lateralus from start to finish rather than study :)

Maynard is like a god.
wow genious idea. I can't beleive I didnt think of this, I couldve used a number of songs for Change .... schism, the grudge, Aenima, parabola....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)