Any tips for UMAT tutoring? (1 Viewer)

m_wahwah

HSC
N/A
So a friend of mine runs a tutoring centre and he wants to start a UMAT class next year, and he's asked me to teach it. I got a good mark and have an idea in my head for how to run the class, but I was wondering if anyone here had tutored UMAT before, or had gone to tutoring themselves, and could offer any general advice on things to do or things not to do?

ST001

HSC
Perhaps you should not undertake UMAT tuition, if you are seeking strategies from other people online. UMAT is a very high stakes test and you do not want to ruin someone's chances, yet alone someone's business... UMAT changed quite abit in the last 2 years, so what are your plans when it will come to teaching someone? Perhaps best thing to do is to tell your employer that your knowledge might not be up-to-date to teach in this field.

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
Perhaps you should not undertake UMAT tuition, if you are seeking strategies from other people online. UMAT is a very high stakes test and you do not want to ruin someone's chances, yet alone someone's business... UMAT changed quite abit in the last 2 years, so what are your plans when it will come to teaching someone? Perhaps best thing to do is to tell your employer that your knowledge might not be up-to-date to teach in this field.
m_wahwah did the UMAT this year--pretty up to date and it's not unreasonable that any tutor should seek to supplement their own knowledge by asking around. Exactly who's business would he/she be ruining?

You shouldn't troll so hard next time. :spin:

m_wahwah

HSC
N/A
Obviously my entire strategy isn't going to be derived from online advice lol. I was hoping that maybe I'd get a few tidbits from people with a bit more experience that could supplement my ideas as well as the advice I've received from other med students. I obviously understand the high stakes of UMAT, the tutoring centre where I'll be teaching this class is run by a 5th year med student and employs a decent number of med students from both UNSW and UWS, so even though I'll be the one doing the teaching, I've got a great team full of experience and different personalities and perspectives supporting who will help ensure that no one's chances are ruined.

Like Schmeag said, don't try so hard to troll. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)