Any thoughts? 12 Units or 10? (1 Viewer)

x-kendall-x

HSC
Hey all,

I'm currently on 12 Units but I'm considering dropping PE so then I'd be on 10. My other subjects are Adv English, 3U Maths, Chem, Bio and 1U SOR.

I'm a bit worried about being on only 10 units though in case I screw up an exam especially ext. maths but I guess I'd have alot more time to prepare without the extra subject.

Yes I've talked to teachers and the study advisor about it but any extra opinions would be helpful.

What do people think? Pros and cons? Is it worth risking it?

Beato153

Bored @ Work
HSC
What is SOR?

I Did Eleven units last year and found it fine, i did ADV Eng, 3U math, PE, Bio and Modern History, and found my time managemant and results were great for what i put in.

I wouldn't advise in dropping 2 units in case you stuff up then that bad subject will be counted. If you are considering dropping, i'd drop a 1unit course or just keep all twelve then you have 2 units back up instead of 1 or none.

x-kendall-x

HSC
SOR is religion.

I'd prefer to drop only 1unit so I had a backup but I can't drop religion because it's compulsory and I love maths so thats out of the question.
hmmmm...its just that PE is so much content and it'd be great to not have to worry about it.

powerdrive

HSC
yes, definitely drop PE, its shit theres so much content
but if u really think you'll screw up in 3u, then keep it

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Yeah, one only...maybe two.

1st: the final answer you will always end up with is: 'it depends on you'.

2nd: this box is getting boring with the same stuff being posted...reposted...re-reposted and re^n-reposted. *Yawn*

Beato153

Bored @ Work
HSC
Yeh as undermyskin says it depends on you, pe has a lot of content but it also scales well if you get a half decent exam, NOT LIKE last years on which i was scaled down 13 marks because the exam was piss easy.

shut up

ruler of all
somewhere inside a rainbow wondering what im doing
HSC
i did 12 units under protest because i have paranoid parents
and i am sooo glad i did - i always expected to kill 2U Maths, but the weekend before my actual HSC exam i spent in bed with a fever, the night before the exam i spent throwing up, so i got my assessment mark, which, thanx to the screw ups of the two ppl ranking above me, was fairly low

but really.. its up to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)