Any one listen to Nightwish? (1 Viewer)

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
haven't really bothered to check em out - power metal doesen't really do it for me for the most part

bekstah

HSC
N/A
their genre is quite a mixture though,
different sounds: unlike a certain erm, evanescence :S

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
HHAAHAHHA oh god ;p - now there's a compelling reason to not listen to power metal! though there are not all that many metal bands which come here, so you gotta take what you can get I suppose.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
hey! power metal is great. I'm a fan myself.

Nightwish is awesome. Unfortunately I only have $7 in my wallet.

ThePix

yeh i got 3 of the nightwish albums... when they team up with the lord of the rings symphony (forget there actual title) they do mix up metal with a nice classical touch quite well... when its good its in the same vein as S & M type stuff, but unfortunately rather than letting the musicians make the songs, that singer proceeds to add in wishy washy cryptic love ballad type stuff which is an overkill of the symphony i rekon

and im not goin to their concert either coz of the money reasons but tis very understandable i rekon why alotta people dont really dig their spin on european power metal type stuff...especially wen u got bands like Children of Bodom and Iron Maiden

WangzoR

HSC
N/A
i listen to them on occasion, they are quite good. i listen to them when im not in the mood for more heavy stuff

adsta

HSC
Nightwish are awesome. I was so happy when I found out they are coming to Australia. I bought my ticket straight away. I still have to go and collect my tickets which is a pain in the arse.

-rok-chik-

HSC
i fucking love nightwish....cant get enough of their sound and the meaning in their songs. this may sound odd but im using "Over the hills and far away"(the song, not album) for one of my english texts....
I would love nothing more than to go see them, so many of mi mates, boyfriend included, are going so i was gunna go with them.......sucky thing is i turn 17 a few days after the show, and its 18+ :'(

HSC
N/A
I LOVE NIGHTWISH.

well okay, sorta.

I've read all these reviews about how good their arena-based live shows are and I really wanted them to come to Australia.

And then they do.
And I get all excited.

And then I find out it's an over 18's show.

And I'm not 18.

My God that was a big ball of suck.

-rok-chik-

HSC
ShatteredDreams said:
And then they do.
And I get all excited.

And then I find out it's an over 18's show.

And I'm not 18.

My God that was a big ball of suck.
i know exactly how you feel....

-rok-chik-

HSC
just to be a pain....they would be on stage rite about now in sydney....and im sittin at hom in a smoke filled room with NW cranked and ice cream...... :'(

adsta

HSC
That was the best show I have ever seen. I feel sorry for you guys who couldn't go. I hope they come to Australian again, but the way I feel now, I would fly over to europe just to see them again.
I still can't believe I saw them.... (sorry, still pumped about it)

HSC
N/A
I met some chick in Chemistry yesterday that seemed so nice :(
But when she heard I wanted to go to Nightwish but wasn't 18 yet she was like "HA! OMG! POOR YOU! HAHHAA IM GOING! ARE YUO GOING? NO? WHY? OH YEAH YOU'RE UNDER 18. BWAHAHAHA. HAVE FUN AT HOME. YOU SEE, *I* WOULDN'T MISS THIS FOR THE WORLD. CAN YOU GO? NO YOU CAN'T. I CAN."

It was SO annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)