any one know how to change stream?? (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hiz pplz ^^

i logged on to myuni, and i realize: i can change my uos, my major, even my timetable... but i wanna change my stream =( cuz right now, i am hafing no stream, whereas i wanna have (adv) written following my b. sci... well i am doin all my sci subjects in advance lvl, so i figured i am eligible for an adv stream, but how do i change it??

do i have to go to student center?? or can this be done online???

thx in adv ^^

Winston

HSC
only through student centre cause adv UOS streams must be done in person for some jack ass reason.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i went to uni 2day to change my stream, and it happens that you need to go to your faculty to change your stream... and it also happens that if you want to change a stream, you need to do an internal transfer from b sci to b sci(adv)... yes, they are completely different degrees...

so i asked the dude at the counter what if i want to transfer from b sci/ b comm to b sci (adv) / b comm??? and he looked at the paper and said: " i dunno, there r no option for it" ><

meh, there must be very few pplz doin that... =(

but it also happens that if you have fulfilled the requirement for advance science, before your graduation, they do the run check or something... and the faculty of sci will award you with a b sci(adv) degree wether you like it or not... =p so yea, now, i dun wanna transfer no more... just wait for the best ^.^

Generator

HSC
N/A
I was under the impression that the course codes for the bsc/other and bsc(adv)/other degree combinations were the same, so there should be no real need to 'transfer' as such... Eh, I know next to nothing, anyway.

Leaving it in the hands of the system may work, but I would not put my faith in such an idea:p.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Generator
I was under the impression that the course codes for the bsc/other and bsc(adv)/other degree combinations were the same, so there should be no real need to 'transfer' as such... Eh, I know next to nothing, anyway.

Leaving it in the hands of the system may work, but I would not put my faith in such an idea:p.
in fact, that's wut i asked the dude at the counter too.. but b sci(adv) and b sci are completely two different degrees, even tho they may appear having same uac code and similar usyd degree code...

first of all, the cut off is different... b sci is something like 10 ~ 15 lower than adv...
2ndly, maintaining is different... you need D average to still be in b sci (adv)...
3rdly, adv, interms of usyd degree code, has a bracket, quoting the stream you are doing... i forgot what b sci is but for eg, my degree, b sci/ b comm, has the degree code of LH014, whereas, the b sci(adv) / b comm will have the degree code of LH0014 (4)... adv maths will be 9 instead of 4 in the bracket...

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ah, ok.

Good luck with aiming for the advanced tag, too.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Ah, ok.

Good luck with aiming for the advanced tag, too.
yea =) nay may be just hang aroudn with the normal stream sigh~~~ dear 04ers, remember to choose ur stream on the day of enrolment!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)