Any one for clubs/societies etc? (1 Viewer)

vce_kiddo

HSC
Hey is anyone currently a member of any societies or the magazine or involved in anything extracurricular at uni melb? if so, what's it like, what do you do etc?

CAN'T WAIT TILL UNI!!

HSC
yep - I'm a member of the Engineering Music Society and it's fabulous!
It's a club for people who have played an instrument/sung in high school (either in a high school band/choir or just had music lessons) and wants to keep up their skill but in a social way. There are no ability requirements, and frankly we do more drinking than playing (like most good university clubs).
We have band camp, welcome back bbqs, end of semester party, a concert and gig once a semester and generally a good time.

I am also a member of our committe, so I organise the clubs activities - camps, concerts etc. It's great getting involved in a club, even if you just participate, because it gives you something to do at uni other than study - makes it more interesting, and also provides that social aspect which people like about school but which isn't really present at uni when nobody takes the same classes.

Join a club - anything! - it makes uni so much more enjoyable!!

vce_kiddo

HSC
yep - I'm a member of the Engineering Music Society and it's fabulous!
It's a club for people who have played an instrument/sung in high school (either in a high school band/choir or just had music lessons) and wants to keep up their skill but in a social way. There are no ability requirements, and frankly we do more drinking than playing (like most good university clubs).
We have band camp, welcome back bbqs, end of semester party, a concert and gig once a semester and generally a good time.

I am also a member of our committe, so I organise the clubs activities - camps, concerts etc. It's great getting involved in a club, even if you just participate, because it gives you something to do at uni other than study - makes it more interesting, and also provides that social aspect which people like about school but which isn't really present at uni when nobody takes the same classes.

Join a club - anything! - it makes uni so much more enjoyable!!

hahaha thanks, sounds fun :):):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)