Any One Doing Bit Of Information Technology Dip Prof Prac? (1 Viewer)

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE COURSES ARE LIKE?

WANT TO APPLY FOR BIT BUT PROBABLY WONT GET IN, HOW SAD
:(

ANYWAY
THAT'S ALL
BY THE WAYIS IT INDUSTRY GOING DOWN---I MEAN I KNOW IT ISN'T BOOMING BUT IS IT LEVELLING OFF??

THAT'S ALL

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
WHOA, WATCH YOUR CAPS PLEASE. :)

I know of at least four very intellectual *cough* males *cou..* who are rarely active but an integral part of this forum who do that course.

IT isn't going down - that was a few years ago with dotcom crashes all over the joint.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
they're all (00|<!35

sorry, bad geek joke.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
oh and nah it's not all four of them.. James is at MY UNI, THE GRANDE OLDE UNIVERSITY OF UNSW.

There are other lurkers here (well, sometimes they lurk) who do the course tho.

Dantheman

Child of Zion
HSC
Go the biscuits!

I wouldn't bother with applying for BIT. I did apply but I know now it's just the scholarship that's the good thing. I think the BScIT DipITProfPrac course is the better one. I checked and from what I remember they only do 2 subjects we dont, and then we do about 6 more AND we get electives and a submajor - the BIT course is fixed. It's also we who have to go and <b>find</b> work experience in third year ... No hand-out work placement. I think <i>that</i> will be invaluable in itself.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
thanks guys, for the info. well i prob apply for bit anyway, but those of you who do prof prac, what do you guys do? could you give an outline? is it hard?

oh another thing can you combine or take majors in other faculties like commerce or finance?

:D :D :D

del

HSC
N/A
heres the link for B Sci IT Dip Prof Prac course outline:
http://www.it.uts.edu.au/courses/c10152outline.html

in addition to your IT submajor, you can take another submajor in another faculty if you wish

seeing you seemed interest in business heres the business submajors offered (for 2004 anyway)

Business accounting, small business accounting, economics, employment relationsm international management, introductory advertising, introductory marketing

T

tactic

by the way..
the industry is slowly picking up..

there are ALWAYS jobs in IT check seek.com.au and there are plenty.. if u are dump and dont know shit u will be scared u wont have a job..

if you are smart and have skills you will be fine once the grad positions come around

HSC
but you gotta consider the fact that most jobs arent actually advertised....i know its got no relevance but i just thought you kids might want to know that ;)

Morgues

Originally posted by tactic
by the way..
the industry is slowly picking up..

there are ALWAYS jobs in IT check seek.com.au and there are plenty.. if u are dump and dont know shit u will be scared u wont have a job..
There are jobs but you have to consider the amount of people applying for those jobs.
In my opinion I.T on its own is still risky to do.

JRasnier

but remember that the ppl that get the i.t jobs may not have a great intellect but may be ppl who have a major passion for the i.t industry, like im passionate in computers and call my self the major nerd, (cant help feeling like that since my whole year together dont know as much about computers as meeh), and i have no doubt of not getting a job in i.t, as my father always told meeh since i wanted to get into computers since i was 6, go for whatever you enjoy, u dont want to have to wake up everyday for work when u dont enjoy the work u do, when u can enjoy it u can get up everyday to go to work no problem...

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by Dantheman
Go the biscuits!

It's also we who have to go and <b>find</b> work experience in third year ... No hand-out work placement. I think <i>that</i> will be invaluable in itself.
what? i though they find it for us? =/

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
they HELP you in some ways, by advertising any available jobs. its upto you to go through the interviews and compete with everyone else. but most likely you would have to find the job yourself, none of this spoon feeding business.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by JRasnier
call my self the major nerd, (cant help feeling like that since my whole year together dont know as much about computers as meeh)
Really? Shall we dub you Mr. Oh-So-Humble? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)