• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

any one doesn't do mechanics? (1 Viewer)

香港!

HSC
it is possible, almost every year there is someone who is capable of getting about 120\120

desperate cat

HSC
some very smart guy in our class give up mechanics, they reckon it's too hard.
anyway, it's not possible to finishi the whole eight questions. just curious any one here plan to give up mechanics? is it a wise choice?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
香港! said:
it is possible, almost every year there is someone who is capable of getting about 120\120
No there isn't - even top of the state doesn't get that mark and hasn't for the last few years IIRC.

香港!

HSC
kami said:
No there isn't - even top of the state doesn't get that mark and hasn't for the last few years IIRC.
Giant lobster-->120\120 CSSA last yr
also Ngai got like 117\120 in his trials
den there's dis person i heard got 119\120 in his 4u trials from SGS dis year as well
many...

desperate cat

HSC
well, last year no one finish it. and my teacher told us even the best students can't get everything right. but if you get like 7 out of 8, it's pretty good already,

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
The time travel happens with the servers not matching up properly or something like that I gather. But anyway, don't skip mechanics, half the theory is merely applying some physics ideas to more complex 3u motion - and its *always* in the paper so you are essentially capping your marks if you skip it.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Mechanics isnt necessarily in question 8 anyways. Most of the time its harder applications of integration, harder 3u, polynomials, complex numbers, etc. I dont think I've seen a mechanics question in question 8 to date in the HSC. Infact, mechanics is easy marks for the most part which require you to derive equations and solve forces. So, I wouldnt leave it out...

HSC
There was a question 8 mechanics in a past hsc that i can recall, but it wasn't really that hard anyway. I don't think mechanics is hard at all (relative to other topics of course). The harder questions are always the crazy "use every single thing you have learnt at school" questions, like the prove pi is irrational.

HSC
If i was gonna leave any part of the course out it would be probability. Whilst some of the marks aren't too hard, its difficult to know whether you are right or wrong in probability, so most of it is guess work for me, luckily its not a big part of the course so i'll study it anyway (plus it rocks when you get one right).

justchillin

HSC
Wtf u dont leave out the course that is highly stupid, why give up marks???... as for the statement that the HSC exam is unfinishable, I think that's crap; if your talented the HSC should be 110+...

casebash

HSC
It depends what you mean by capable. The problem is there is not enough time, you are forced to rush. Given a reasonable amount of time I'm sure many people could get close to 120. But you are forced to work at such a rate that when yoiu finish you only have at most 5 minutes left to check your work.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Yep. Exactly right. I just realised that I can do many of the harder questions of the ext. 2 paper but the factor is time so I've decided to try and get to about question 6 by the 1hr 45 min mark or there abouts. Time management = success in ext 2.

joeylike2hiphop

joe-king4eva~~~~
HSC
same here bro

Sepulchres said:
Yep. Exactly right. I just realised that I can do many of the harder questions of the ext. 2 paper but the factor is time so I've decided to try and get to about question 6 by the 1hr 45 min mark or there abouts. Time management = success in ext 2.
yeh its the same for me too...i can always do the hard question i.e 7 or 8 but the ting i need is time.algebra bashing tires the hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)