any non-asians doing continuers? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi.. well i'm Sammi and i'm aussie n i've done chinese roughly 3 years etc. etc. n next year i'm gonna do continuers... only one in my grade lol. Anyway has any one else done it? Is it particulary hard? ( i hate writing!) but speaking is easy. And does anyone have any notes or anything that i can look at? I dont know any one else who has done it or anything, so any help is welcomed! :D

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Poor you. Chinese is a cop-out subject. For those with a non-English speaking background it's moneymarks.

It's like me doing English (Continuers).

If anyone gives me any "oh, but we struggle with English" shit...everyone can speak english; it ain't hard.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
twisted_baybeeh said:
Hi.. well i'm Sammi and i'm aussie n i've done chinese roughly 3 years etc. etc. n next year i'm gonna do continuers... only one in my grade lol. Anyway has any one else done it? Is it particulary hard? ( i hate writing!) but speaking is easy. And does anyone have any notes or anything that i can look at? I dont know any one else who has done it or anything, so any help is welcomed! :D
Wow, that's really amazing. I've never seen a non-chinese person speak chinese.

Do you mind if I ask why you chose to learn chinese? There are tons of chinese people in Australia so it was probably not for language-skills when applying for jobs. :p Chinese is a rather difficult language to learn, especially when it comes to the characters.

Well, there are a few people in my grade who are doing chinese continuers. They're all chinese, and they're only doing it so they can ace it and get the marks. :rolleyes: To me, chinese continuers is rather simple - basic everyday phrases, etc. But then again, I'm chinese. :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
Wow, that's really amazing. I've never seen a non-chinese person speak chinese.
OMG don't tell me you haven't seen a Mormon preacher befo

HSC
in primary school i used to hang out with alot of asians, mainly chinese n i picked up a few words. It is extremely annoying being in a conversation with 2 chinese ppl and to have them suddenly start talking in chinese and you dont understand! lol. So i decided i would learn it. In yr 7 i was gonna pick it, but my class was made to do it anyway. i came first in the class 97 % . i wasnt able to do it in yr 8 and had to do jap, which i like as well, but i decided i wanted to continue chinese. So i got a tutor. I've also done chinese beginers in yr 9 and 10 ( this year) . I find it extremely hard! But i am doing ok. I come 1st in speaking ( beating canto speakers). I also went in the chinese eistedford this year n last year and have gotten 2nd both times.

^^" Hope that helps. If i went on too much sorry lol. I'm basically looking for notes, or ppl to talk to , or things to read/listen to so i can improve my chinese. And i am very worried bout next year because since i am the only one who will pick it they might not run the course! And i REALLY dont want to go on saturday school . =\

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
twisted_baybeeh said:
in primary school i used to hang out with alot of asians, mainly chinese n i picked up a few words. It is extremely annoying being in a conversation with 2 chinese ppl and to have them suddenly start talking in chinese and you dont understand! lol. So i decided i would learn it. In yr 7 i was gonna pick it, but my class was made to do it anyway. i came first in the class 97 % . i wasnt able to do it in yr 8 and had to do jap, which i like as well, but i decided i wanted to continue chinese. So i got a tutor. I've also done chinese beginers in yr 9 and 10 ( this year) . I find it extremely hard! But i am doing ok. I come 1st in speaking ( beating canto speakers). I also went in the chinese eistedford this year n last year and have gotten 2nd both times.

^^" Hope that helps. If i went on too much sorry lol. I'm basically looking for notes, or ppl to talk to , or things to read/listen to so i can improve my chinese. And i am very worried bout next year because since i am the only one who will pick it they might not run the course! And i REALLY dont want to go on saturday school . =\
Watch chinese TV series. :D

Borrow them from chinese video shops. They might be a bit hard, though, seeing as you are doing the continuers course. Still, doesn't hurt. :p You can pick up on the pronounciation and some colloquialisms.

Listen to some chinese music as well, or borrow some books.

santaslayer

HSC
twisted_baybeeh said:
You're a champion. :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@ dreamish~: mormen preacher are those chuan jiao shi dressed in suit, having a dark'ish book in hand, who usually can speak alot of asian languages... preaching religion...

@twisted_babeeh: hehe, that's very nice... you are indeed a champion as what santaslayer said... and amazing how you are typing fobbily as well ^^
if you can handle it, definitely do chinese extension... you do some equivalently hard text analysis, but the scaling makes it all worth while...

again, xiaoie gives you his respect lar ^^

HSC
lol. i type fobbily? Ah i spose i do, talk to too many azn'z ^^" thanx.. hmm but k would b pretty hard i think! it would be like.. oh i recognise that word... n that word.. no idea what the sentance means! i normally end up at korean k neway hehe =/

i didnt know bout the mormen either ^^"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)