Any news? (1 Viewer)

400miles

So anyone had any news on the showcase yet? When does it get announced? Anyone know someone who's made a previous showcase that could tell us?

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i'd love to know too, but i have this vague feeling that extension two-ers don't find out for a while. i'm not really sure though. no one from these forums seems to have gotten in before, (well, no one from the 2003 post-ers has gotten in)

i think this forum is a "young-writers-showcase-virgin". and sadly, many of us will remain that way. fifty out of fifty to be at least short-listed? bah. i didn't want to be in that stupid prestigous, pretentious publication anyway.

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
but that's terrible! aren't the art kids informed about art express late this year or prettydamnsoon? damnit.

hope someone from the forums gets in. fingers crossed.

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I'll cross my fingers too. we need one of us to get in! Then we can be all proud that we knew a showcase-person! :D

danie

a fool
HSC
god i hope i get in to both and if not i'll be talking about how pretentious showcase (whether v.a. or ee2) is anyway. :D

400miles

surely you have to find out before the MW's come back... it was published this year in like june, and it would have had to been decided let alone gone to get published etc. months before... surely....

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
The music and drama things are announced before the end of the year, but I guess they have to know well in advance so they can keep rehearsing... But still, you'd think that if they're able to tell them they'd be able to tell us right?

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Llyrai's Thread Dedication

i wish someone here would get in as well...

Neh, either way, im gonna set up a thread that honours me.

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
Llyrai said:
Neh, either way, im gonna set up a thread that honours me.
i like that sort of egoism. i'll have to do something similar.

thinking about it... i think the showcase thingo would be roughly known after they've made the selection, i'm thinking they need copyright stuff before they start printing or designing. or have we signed that over?

wow, i could have signed over my soul and i wouldn't even have known.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Hey! we should compose our own anthology

it'll be liek the shadow showcase

and we can make satirical comments about our own works afterwards and refer to one anothers stupidly like we do on the forum now! It'll be so much fun!

It can have the seriousness of the major works, but to make it more appealing, we can add humour in.

Im sure students in the next years will buy a number of copies, so we're guarenteed a few sales. Who knows, wheres the harm? I think it'll be real cool!!

J

jhakka

fuckfoot said:
i like that sort of egoism. i'll have to do something similar.

thinking about it... i think the showcase thingo would be roughly known after they've made the selection, i'm thinking they need copyright stuff before they start printing or designing. or have we signed that over?

wow, i could have signed over my soul and i wouldn't even have known.
I think Laz posted somewhere that by submitting it to the Board, we're letting them publish it if we choose to, though we have full copyright rights.

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i could have just not handed mine in and said i had issues with people publishing it because it was too brilliant for much meagre exposure!

but yes, ok. back to square one. maybe i should track down someone who at least went to a showcase-person's school. ask them when they found out.

screw it.
i can't take this sort of filthy alacracity. just if someone gets in, post straight away. i want to know!

400miles

Llyrai said:
Hey! we should compose our own anthology

it'll be liek the shadow showcase

and we can make satirical comments about our own works afterwards and refer to one anothers stupidly like we do on the forum now! It'll be so much fun!

It can have the seriousness of the major works, but to make it more appealing, we can add humour in.

Im sure students in the next years will buy a number of copies, so we're guarenteed a few sales. Who knows, wheres the harm? I think it'll be real cool!!
Sounds perfect. And I can write the foreword.

'2004 Young Writer's And-You-Thought-We-Weren't-Good-Enough-You-Sons-Of-Bitches Showcase - with foreword by 400miles and illustrations by Llryai'.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Omg, why did people take if for a joke? I was being so serious....*sniff sniff.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
I really want to do it! We can make it a project, and it'll be an excuse to stay in the (loved) Bored Of Studies Forum!! I already have made it my home!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)