Any Jobs In Bathurst? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Like every other uni student on the planet [unless youre one of those rich people who can buy everything!] i'm going to be poor for the next 3 years. Does anyone know of any jobs that are going in Bathurst?

I'll be there from the 10th of Feb!

Oh! And, i have my RSA and RCG. I want bar work if available.

K

katie_tully

www.jobsguide.com.au

It may be difficult as a lot of businesses in Bathurst are hestitant about employing uni students. See whats going on casually though

Matt Samson

HSC
katie_tully said:
www.jobsguide.com.au

It may be difficult as a lot of businesses in Bathurst are hestitant about employing uni students. See whats going on casually though
The bad reputation stems from uni students going home during the holiday periods, especially around Easter and Christmas, when businesses need all the hands they can get.

If a person does get a job interview, you should tell the employer you're available around the holiday seasons, and be really honest about it.

If you live on-campus, that will mean finding off-campus accommodation during Christmas.

Matt Samson

HSC
loser101 said:
hmmm spend $300 a week on accomodation during xmas and get part time work paying $200??

not many people are gonna hang around.
I pay 83.33 per week off-campus.

And it all comes down to whether a person wants stable employment during most of the year.

If a person leaves during xmas, they won't be employed again. Thats for sure. I am sure there is a blacklist at the Bathurst chamber of commerce or some other place lol.

tamimyaftali1

Tamim aka Timtam
HSC
the best best thing to do if u can is to get a transfer if u work in a chain store like wollies or coles like if u work at wollies now transfer to wollies or big w etc in bathurst same company very easy as well just call ur works HR try that very hard to find work otherwise

joshwilliams88

HSC
im lucky. my dad owns the retravision in bathurst, meaning i can get work whenever i want it. at decent pay too

Matt Samson

HSC
loser101 said:
and u have to pay ridiculus application fees for the 4 weeks u need to stay there.
And people who opt (or a forced) to live off-campus don't have these added expenses?

Try paying a third share of a $1000 bond plus two weeks in advance rent, as well as the utility connection charges, as well as purchasing a few bits of furniture.

A lot of the people who find work in town move off-campus because it gives them the flexibility to stay in town over the summer break and work as much as they like.

joshwilliams88

HSC
o0o_chris_o0o said:
dude! give me a job! lol
haha dunno about that. he just got new staff coz im not gonna be around as much anymore. so im not even getting as much work

HSC
joshwilliams88 said:
haha dunno about that. he just got new staff coz im not gonna be around as much anymore. so im not even getting as much work
lol. i was like quarterly serious... i'll find work when i get up there.

Thunderbolt

HSC
What about students working on-campus? I know there are jobs at the bar and such, but I do have quite good IT skills and I really don't want to see them go to waste. Would the IT department look to employ students casually to do work around the grounds?

I'll take any job if I absolutely have to though...

lachlan43

^I work as Residences IT Support Officer, and on the phones, and as far as I know we don't have any openings left. There might be one, at the absolute most.

xsavagex

HSC
This is the only one thing im nervous about. I'll be desperate for a job.. but i've heard its really difficult. Plus i havent got my RSA or RCG but ive got like 4 years of experience at working..

I just hope i can find some casual work thats all i want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)