• Piano

Votes: 43 26.1%
  • Other...

Votes: 38 23.0%

• Total voters

Always

HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
haha. well that was my plan...to take my students through AMEB torturious exams =)
I can't be fucked giving myself or the kids that much pressure. I suffered through all the stress so I'll let them off. haha =P

DrivenUpTheWall

i love my guitar

my lil baby puck who i've had for 2 years now hehe... but i'm DYING to learn the drums..i don'tknow why, i've just got a taste for them hehe :D

hey has anyone else named their instruments or am i just weird...?

HSC
DrivenUpTheWall said:
my lil baby puck who i've had for 2 years now hehe... but i'm DYING to learn the drums..i don'tknow why, i've just got a taste for them hehe :D

hey has anyone else named their instruments or am i just weird...?

named their instruments? you are weird.

jk. but on a more serious note, if you think you'd have a good time with the drums, i say go for it. i took a few lessons (they didnt really do much good for me though) and here i am with my own kit. drums are fun fun fun!! if you have a burning desire to learn them, why not start today?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I play Oboe. Haven't named mine, mostly cos I never found a suitable name for it.

HSC
again, i apologise to everyone for the crummy poll.

hmm i got bored today, played a bit of drums, but see my kit is in the house and faces towards the back where it echos like hell. and i was thinking of selling my bass, but on 2nd thought, i'm def gonna keep it, i still love playing it even though i prefer the drums :D

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I got my A.Mus on piano! w00t! :D

I play Oboe. Haven't named mine, mostly cos I never found a suitable name for it.
A friend of mine plays the oboe. He called it Bobo... "Bobo the Oboe"... mmm...

I_F

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I have had an Electric Guitar for almost two years now. I played it for a couple of months off and on when I first got it but because of lack of time I didn't get to play it much and so didn't improve much and got sick of it. A couple of months ago though, I remembered it and started playing it again this time putting a lot more time into and and I can really see myself getting better an I love it:D.

I would love to learn how to play the Drums too but they are too noise and I think it would be hard to try and teach yourself to play. I also wouldn't mind learning ho to play a Synth:cool:.

While I am here, I may as well ask a question. Is it just me or is this chord impossible to play:

-5-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-7-
-5-

:eek:

Oh, and another thing, for all those people would play the guitar, where do you get your tabs from:)?

G

Gavvvvvin

SoCal said:
I have had an Electric Guitar for almost two years now. I played it for a couple of months off and on when I first got it but because of lack of time I didn't get to play it much and so didn't improve much and got sick of it. A couple of months ago though, I remembered it and started playing it again this time putting a lot more time into and and I can really see myself getting better an I love it:D.

I would love to learn how to play the Drums too but they are too noise and I think it would be hard to try and teach yourself to play. I also wouldn't mind learning ho to play a Synth:cool:.

While I am here, I may as well ask a question. Is it just me or is this chord impossible to play:

-5-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-7-
-5-

:eek:

Oh, and another thing, for all those people would play the guitar, where do you get your tabs from:)?
Its a barre chord, just lay your 1st finger across all the strings at the 5th fret then use your 3rd and 4th fingers for the 7s and your 2nd finger for the 6.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yeah, I was trying to play it with only my third finger on the seventh fret but you can do it your way too. It is just really hard to get all the strings to ring clear. I either get a bit of buzzing on a string or the string is completely muted. I find it a little better when I hang my first finger right over the neck though:).

Lanz122

LOL bobo the oboe....ahh so easily entertained.... i've been playing flute for 8 yrs...recently came back from a band tour, played in carnegie hall :p very exciting...and disney world...very fun... i've attempted in teaching myself guitar...know like 5 chords but didn't keep practicing...hence the fact i now know nothing...but my parents r buying me my own guitar after hsc :D and i will get lessons... so exciting! only 5 more days!! :) :) :)

Jase

HSC
hmm well it's alot easier if you use your pinky too rather than only use one finger.
but whatever feels the most comfortable for you.. you should stick to.

it comes down to hand/thumb strength .. press harder into the barre chord until your hand hurts like hell.. thats when you know you're getting somewhere. but overall .. have fun haha.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
well i tried the guitar, i suked. tried the bass, it was too easy and got bored of it. now i play the drums, they fukin rock :)
heck yes drums rock!!!!! :D:D
how long have you been playing for..??? and have you got a kit
i have a Mapex V.. urgh. its fairly simple but it was my first kit. it does the job though, and its a mad colour ~ 3D silver.
i NEED a ride cymbal though i only have a crash "16 and hi hat. fkn shalimar too. ewww

dammit i am dying without a ride. oh well christmas is coming soon..

olchik

HSC
adsta said:
Been playing guitar for around 14 years now I think. Can play bass guitar, drums and piano, but only enough to get by in my recordings.
Cool! You are so talented...How did you achieve such results?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)