Any Design Computing students?! And Computer Science and Tech?!!!!! (1 Viewer)

changing_skies

HSC
Hi! Could someone shed some light here please :)

I enrolled for b computer science and technology during the main round offers, but I also got a late round offer for b design computing. I having been picking my brain and going absolutely crazy on which course to go for. Obviously the biggest concern for me is the thought that I might not find a well paid job with design computing.

Comparing both degrees; I have doubts on my ability in computer science and technology, the maths part scares me a bit! I loved maths in hsc but I did get band 5 in it so I'm just iffy on it, also doing the degree would I find myself doing repetitive computer work in the office?!

What draws me into doing design computing is that everyday would be something different,I also envision myself being someone who designs and creates, but my parents have made me think of how practical my decision to do is.

I would no doubt appreciate and love if someone who is doing design computing to tell me that job prospects are not minimal, that if you work hard you can get a great job?! And also anything about the degree itself, I haven't found much about it on the net except some bos posts or usyd links, it seems not many people from the faculty write here... Anything else to add please do!!!

Thank you :tongue:

Juice3

HSC
so you went with design computing in the end i presume?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)