Any decent tutoring places in Blacktown area? Advice needed! (1 Viewer)

cmbrolla

HSC
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into getting tuition for Extension 1 Maths and Physics and I'm not too sure about which tutoring place I should join. Pre-Uni College is decent and my family friends recommended them to me but it is relatively expensive. And its all the way in Homebush which is a drag getting to and from the centre since I live in the Hills District area.

I've tried a few private tutors but some of them don't provide quality teaching which is why I would like to go for tutors employed by a company as they would assess all aspects before hiring.

If you guys know any decent tutoring places in the Blacktown area from personal experience, please let me know. If any of you also remember the fees off by heart by any chance, list them down as well.

Thanks!

EyesAreON

HSC
I have a friend who works at this kinda newish tutoring centre called S4S Coaching. It's different cos it's not run by teachers, but by uni students who like got really awesome marks in their HSC and I guess that makes them more helpful and theyd have better advice etc. ummm let me find their website...it's www.s4scoaching.com.au AND my friend gets paid $17 an hr to tutor so I guess the prices are around $20?

hope that helped :)

cmbrolla

HSC
hey EyesAreON,

Thanks for your reply! I looked at the site and they seem like a pretty good tutoring place. The fact that its run by ex students is pretty cool but I have one question. It may be stupid but I really cannot afford to waste my time nor money so I need to make the right decision. Did the tutors receive training and did they get high marks for their HSC?

I would call but it would be weird asking the owner this, kinda rude I guess for doubting their business

Thanks...anyone else know of any other companies?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Throughout my school years, I usually pick private ones, ones that are not well known, they worked for me. A well known one is Dux College. Personally I haven't tried it but it seems good.

http://www.duxcollege.com.au/

stricklySAC

HSC
Hi cmbrolla,

I agree with EyesAreON, the tutors at S4S are great. My friend was talking about his interview a few years back and he said they asked him had to create a fake tutoring sessions just for the interview. He said that the tutors there all received UAI's or ATARS of 90+, so I think you'll be in good hands. As for training, I'm pretty sure my friend mentioned something about it.

Calling is daunting, but it never hurt anyone to pick up the phone right? Plus, school's starting up in a week, all you have to really do is ask right?

cmbrolla

HSC
okay I was initially nervous about calling S4S about their tutoring programs and what they had to offer, yet alone questioning the assessment criteria of their tutors but the guy I spoke was really nice. He actually answered my questions. The tutors which work there all have ATAR's of 90+ and with tutoring fees, cheaps as chips to be honest! $25 per hour which is awesome! I think its cause they aren't money orientated, they're just doing it to give something back to the community...well i think so!

anyways i'm going for a free tutoring session tomorrow and an assessment which shall be good...hopefully i dont do too bad, would be kinda embarassing!

thanks for your help guys!

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
If you can afford it, Matrix. There is one at Strathfield, and Chatswood(I think) look them up.

They're epic. They have classes full of students running all weekend and after school. All the lecturer/teachers have DipEds or even M Eds. Heaps have masters in their respective fields and some even PhDs.

Great facilities, and they give you awesome notes too.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
There is a james an (now edu-kingdom) on flushcombe road. Friends who went there say it's alright.

tigertooth

HSC
Throughout my school years, I usually pick private ones, ones that are not well known, they worked for me. A well known one is Dux College. Personally I haven't tried it but it seems good.

http://www.duxcollege.com.au/
another vote for dux college :)

they give free trial lessons so youve got nothing to lose in trying them out before enrolling for a full term

Deathless

HSC
If you can afford it, Matrix. There is one at Strathfield, and Chatswood(I think) look them up.

They're epic. They have classes full of students running all weekend and after school. All the lecturer/teachers have DipEds or even M Eds. Heaps have masters in their respective fields and some even PhDs.

Great facilities, and they give you awesome notes too.
Yeah there is one in Chatswood.

I think for your area, there's a guy tutoring classes for MX1 and MX2. He wrote the 4U Cambridge book and a shit load of others. Forgot his name though. Viet I think.

Golotripa

HSC
Back in the day I went with TZ Tutoring... they have individual private tutoring where the tutor comes to YOUR house for $50... smashes Matrix, when I tried matrix it was a joke with so many people in the class it was like school LOL

try them out they have a mad site www.tztutoring.org.. also they give free lessons when you buy in bulk :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)