• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

any bi/lesbian girls in the western sydney area??? (1 Viewer)

fearless86

HSC
lesbians are everywhere, especially in inner west sydney, but its hard to find a down-to-earth girl to have a decent conversation with. the majority ive met are cliquely, superficial buggers who are v. paranoid youre trying to steal their gf, or they're using you to get back at their ex-gf.

i'd say best way to meet the good ones is to let it happen naturally. Talking to lesbians when all you have in common is that youre gay gets very tedious - your conversation is limited to your favourite L word character, and whether you prefer newtown or oxford st. but is not bad for one night stands if thats all youre after.

really cool lesbians are the ones you have common interest with- youre both into same politics, or you do the same course at uni, or youre on the same sports team, and you just got to be patient for that to happen.

strangeone

Sexy Lesbian
HSC
hey ppl
im a lesbian in western sydney and i can relate about how hard it is to find other lesbians "out here" so to speak lol
im interested in meeting up if u wanna go for coffee or see a movie or whatever - feel free to contact me thru here.

snaps to purple fruit loop!! u go girl!!

buttaflai

HSC
live.fast has seemed to shut his trap... good goin purplefruitloop... was it blowie that said private schools tend to be less accepting? ... i have to say i disagree... i've attended private schools all my life and they are very supportive... then again it all depends on the individual and their influences.. yes catholic schools are private.. and i do attend a catholic school... a predominately male one at that.. 18 girls in my year... 130 guys?... and well... the teachings at school are that being "gay" is wrong... but they tell us to accept each other for who we are.. it's jus a matter of what teaching u choose to follow... the bible contradicts itself... the teachings contradict themselves... it's all a matter of choice...

as for homosexuality... that is not a choice... my belief? is that every one is bisexual... some jus lean more to one side than others...
live.fast if u ever come back... here's a nice activity for you to do...
statistics show that 80-90% of homophobes are really "gay" in denial...
the others... i dunno... asexual?... hmmm do the research.. i forget the numbers...

oh... and as for the original post... there are plenty of bi and lesbian ppl in the western suburbs.. i live in the western suburbs and well most of my mates are gay/lesbian/bi... try bringin it into casual convo... you'll be surprised..most people come "out" after high school though... pressure and all...

Last edited:

Redgoddess

HSC
Born Dancer said:
*wollongong.
its about 1.5 - 2hrs south of sydney.

its a bit of a generalisation to say "oh there are no gay people in wollongong"
i assume you are talking about wollongong proper and not its suburbs close by that get lumped into the general area of "wollongong"

oh and ps.
i was actually talking a gay couple - friends of mine - last night who were down from the central coast. we walked over, they were standing outside glassy, and one of them turns to the other and said:
"hey matt i thought you siad there were no gays in wollongong"
"no, i said there were no hot gays"
"look! just look! he's gay" *entranced*
"there's no HOT ones!"
"yeah this is gay central!!"

haha so you never know :rolleyes:
it might work the same way for lesbians..
It's actually only about an hour south of sydney, about 45 mins from campbelltown, and i didnt say there were no gays, i said it's hard to meet them when you're still in school, arent over 18, and dont do any stuff like sports/dancing/singing etc where you meet people from outside your school environment.

jest

HSC
does it really matter if homosexuality's a choice or not? cause as long as there are lesbians out there, i'm cool

Redgoddess

HSC
jest said:
does it really matter if homosexuality's a choice or not? cause as long as there are lesbians out there, i'm cool
LOL! good call. erm i personally dont think it's a choice, cos if i DID have a choice i'd choose to be straight - waaaaay less complex, you don't have to go through the whole "i wonder if they're gay" thing (which has happened to me a couple of times) and it's just generally got less stress. None of the coming out to parents and friends crap, which, in my experience, wasn't particularly fun. My mum said "i've thought you were gay for years, i'm surprised you're coming out with this 'bi' stuff" ...thanks mum, that made me feel good... and as for my dad, well when i told him he said something like "oh are you sure? you've never seemed to be interested in chicks to me. are you actually interested in girls or is it just this one girl and the way she treats you cos you're flattered she's chasing you" me - "no. i'm sure. i like girls" and he was like ..."oh... right..."

it's easier being straight. but i'm not, i'm gay, and i'm happy wiht myself the way i am. :D

vafa

HSC
N/A
i have a problem

i am neither gay nor lesbian.

i had a friend and i thought she was really nice and then she said one day to mes that she loves me. i did not say even a word to her but i did not know what to do. i finally said to her that i love her as well and i do not want to be friend, i want to marry her. but recently she told me that she is a lesbian but she said she will have an operation for me.

but now i do not know what to do.

can anyone say what they think and what is good for me to do?

sarebear4eva

HSC
Redgoddess said:
LOL! good call. erm i personally dont think it's a choice, cos if i DID have a choice i'd choose to be straight - waaaaay less complex, you don't have to go through the whole "i wonder if they're gay" thing (which has happened to me a couple of times) and it's just generally got less stress. None of the coming out to parents and friends crap, which, in my experience, wasn't particularly fun. My mum said "i've thought you were gay for years, i'm surprised you're coming out with this 'bi' stuff" ...thanks mum, that made me feel good... and as for my dad, well when i told him he said something like "oh are you sure? you've never seemed to be interested in chicks to me. are you actually interested in girls or is it just this one girl and the way she treats you cos you're flattered she's chasing you" me - "no. i'm sure. i like girls" and he was like ..."oh... right..."

it's easier being straight. but i'm not, i'm gay, and i'm happy wiht myself the way i am. :D
hey alteast u could tell ur parents, i havent tho im sure mum would be fine but my dad n bro are idiots.. oh well

Redgoddess

HSC
vafa said:
i have a problem

i am neither gay nor lesbian.

i had a friend and i thought she was really nice and then she said one day to mes that she loves me. i did not say even a word to her but i did not know what to do. i finally said to her that i love her as well and i do not want to be friend, i want to marry her. but recently she told me that she is a lesbian but she said she will have an operation for me.

but now i do not know what to do.

can anyone say what they think and what is good for me to do?
uuuuuuuuuuuum... i'm confused... why would you say you wanted to marry a girl unless you were gay/bisexual? if you're straight, i.e. - interested in men - then being in a relationship with a girl will never work for you, because there wont be the sexual attraction. trust me, i had an 11 month relationship with a guy and we got along GREAT but i just didnt want to kiss him or anything and it never felt quite right and when i realised that i was gay, i broke up with him. it wasn't fair to him to have someone who could never be a real g/f to him, and now we're really really close mates. ARE you sexually attracted to her? do you want to hug and kiss her, do other stuff with her? because maybe you are gay/bi you just havent admitted it to yourself yet. either way, having someone have an operation so taht they can be with you is a pretty huge deal. and if she's considering having that op, then she isnt just gay, she's got gender confusion issues. i mean, there's no way i'd change myself into a boy for someone. i'd do almost anything for someone i love, but i draw the line there. plus...would all the equipment work? *shrugs* i dunno, sounds like a pretty messy situation you've got going there

Redgoddess

HSC
sarebear4eva said:
hey alteast u could tell ur parents, i havent tho im sure mum would be fine but my dad n bro are idiots.. oh well
Mmmm...yes... well... my hand was kinda forced. My mum came home while a girl i was flirting with was over and she basically asked me...and i'm a terrible liar, so i had to tell her. although i told her i was bi, cos at the time that's what i thought. i'm now pretty sure i'm gay but i havent really felt the need to reveal that info.

with my dad - my mum was pissed off (oh, yeah, parents are split) and was gonna break up me and my g/f and she was gonna talk to dad about it, so it was either me confess to him or have her tell him. i chose the former. he's in denial. meh.

my brother was actually really cool about it. i'm pretty lucky to have him. i should stop taking hsc stress out on him...

vafa

HSC
N/A
Redgoddess said:
uuuuuuuuuuuum... i'm confused... why would you say you wanted to marry a girl unless you were gay/bisexual?
What you said really does not make any sense because alot of people marry and then so you would say that they are gays and lesbians and in that sense it does not make any sense
the reason why I want to marry her is because I have grown up in a traditional and raligious family and we do not look at love as only physical relationship. Your mother always loves you but she never has had physical relationship with you. I guess you are mistaken passion with love.

I think if I was a gay and then If i really was fallen in love with a girl, i would have an operation because love is a sacred thing and religon respects love strongly.

blueeyesguy

HSC
live.fast said:
there's always a fuken choice. even if derz a gazillion factors affectin dat choice, wateva, its still a choice. No matter how much u claim it isn't. it is.
Dude ive been reading some of the shit uve been writting and its simply pathetic lol sorry but ive gotta laugh ur condesending yourself by saying theres always a choice.if thats what u believe then purplefruitloop has made her choice its got nothing to do with being religously right or wrong because when jesus roamed the earth he accepted prostitutes,lepars even the dreaded taxman lol.The people who should be condemed to hell are rapists,murders,drug dealers maybe even michael jackson lol just joking about the last one but god will even accept these people so i think you need to consider your statements more carefully.However this is just a thought go for your life if u want:) since you have a choice lol

Redgoddess

HSC
vafa said:
What you said really does not make any sense because alot of people marry and then so you would say that they are gays and lesbians and in that sense it does not make any sense
the reason why I want to marry her is because I have grown up in a traditional and raligious family and we do not look at love as only physical relationship. Your mother always loves you but she never has had physical relationship with you. I guess you are mistaken passion with love.

I think if I was a gay and then If i really was fallen in love with a girl, i would have an operation because love is a sacred thing and religon respects love strongly.
What the fuck. I still dont understand. Why does what i said make no sense? A lot of people get married because they are in love, and they are straight so it's legal. What does that have to do with gay/lesbians?

And i'm not mistaking passion and love. You're mistaking love and being IN love. Two very different things. I still dont understand why you would want to marry someone you had no sexual attraction to? It's not a marrying type relationship, it's a close friendship, why cant you just leave it at that, because if she's IN love with you then she'll want to do stuff on a sexual level and if you're not into that then it wont work.

strangeone

Sexy Lesbian
HSC
hey gals im gonna be organinsing a meetup if anyone is interested in the next month or so so please let me know if you are interested!

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
purplefruitloop..

Are you catholic? cause I was told by the priest.. (forgive me for going to church) that god does talk about homosexuality being wrong, something about creating woman for man??..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)