• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Any advantage of doing 6 majors over 3? (1 Viewer)

danielvh

HSC
Why is it not letting me add line spaces?! It's coming out as one big paragraph instead of about four separate ones. :p Hey guys I'm doing an Economics/Commerce double degree at UWA and it's coming to the point where I want to decide what major/s to do. Since, it's economics/commerce which has a lot of overlap I can do up to 6 majors. If I was doing 6 I think I'd do: Economics, International Business Economics, Asian Business, Management, HR Management, Management Information Systems. (MAYBE replacing Asian Business or HR Management with Corporate/Investment Finance) The other option is I could do, say 3 majors and use the rest to choose electives. So I'd probably do Economics, Management and Management Information Systems or finance. So would there be any advantage to doing 6 majors over 3? Or is it more just about the degree and marks you get? Cheers Daniel

Last edited:

geetarjoe

HSC
N/A
It'll make you look a bit smarter, that's about it.

I have done a Commerce degree at UWA, and I would strongly advise you look at Corporate Finance and Investment Finance before any Management units. They will be more useful to you in the long run, even though they will be harder.

In the end, pick the units that interest you and are useful, not just the units to make up other majors.

Rorix

HSC
No. Better to focus on your extracurricular activities.

Goodbye

HSC
Wow 6. Why is it that in some unis even though its a double degree that they will only allow you to do a certain amount of majors?

danielvh

HSC
Yeah, I'm seriously considering majoring in Finance. I think it'd be more useful than Information Management and Asian Business. Will see what I think after intro to finance next semester. I can work out my units to allow me to do: Majors: Economics International Business Economics Corporate Finance Investment Finance Management HR Management Minor: Asian Business lol, just increased it to 6 majors AND a minor :p although I don't know whether this would be allowed. 6 majors is but adding another minor might cause beurocratic headaches. To Rorix, why would doing this many majors impact upon extra-curriculars? It's not any more units, just ones chosen to comply with the outlines for the majors.

danielvh

HSC
On another note, does anyone know why it's not allowing me to do paragraphs? When I'm writing it it appears as paragraphs but then when I click "submit reply" it goes to the thread and it's posted as one big paragraph. Using latest version of Firefox on Mac OSX10.4.10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)