• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anxiety about becoming Australian Doctor (1 Viewer)

Premiumness

HSC
in my country my mother and father were highly skill doctor of medicine and accupunture and they come here but only not allowed to give medicine only give back pat. When i ask they say that they not allowed doctors in australia because the shandong university is not big name in australia. what do i do to become doctor next year? my new friend say i go to in NSW university of sydney and is good but hard for me because im new and also there is the university of the new south wales whcih is good but 1 year faster but hard. they also say of the sydney western university but only 5 years. does that mean not as good?
And also other question is that is 100uai easy to get because is that wat i need to get into doctor?

Much thanks friends ^^

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Its probably because your parents didnt take the AMC exam or failed it. It's hard, a family friend took it 4 times to pass to be a GP.

Try googling or searching the forums for the other questions, they come up all the time.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
graduates from chinese universities actually fail the AMC exams more than indian graduates due to language barriers and style of teaching. India being a former UK protectrate/colony has a similar teaching system to the UK and hence Australia making the transition less difficult.

Also certain degrees in traditional chinese medicine are not recognised by the WHO to be MBBS/MD eqv.. so there are a variety of reasons.

I think most ppl know someone that failed the AMC exam at least once but its meant to be hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)