ANU vs UNSW law? (1 Viewer)

dunno919

HSC
Hi, I have been accepted into early entry for law next year at ANU, but I am unsure as to whether I should consider going there or to UNSW instead. Which is better in terms of the law degree? I also live in Sydney so I don't know whether it would be best to live at home or move to Canberra?

Vultra_

HSC
ANU's law faculty is ranked 15th in the world whilst UNSW Is 14th. This makes UNSW more prospective which is further amplified by it being located in Sydney, which is full of legal firms and internships whilst Canberra has fewer internship opportunities and is mainly dominated by the public sector which the whole country is vying for. I'd choose UNSW as my first choice and ANU as my second if I dont get into UNSW. Also you can live with your parents whilst studying at UNSW, lowering housing costs as moving to Canberra will incur major changes to your lifestyle and budget.

idkkdi

HSC
ANU's law faculty is ranked 15th in the world whilst UNSW Is 14th. This makes UNSW more prospective which is further amplified by it being located in Sydney, which is full of legal firms and internships whilst Canberra has fewer internship opportunities and is mainly dominated by the public sector which the whole country is vying for. I'd choose UNSW as my first choice and ANU as my second if I dont get into UNSW. Also you can live with your parents whilst studying at UNSW, lowering housing costs as moving to Canberra will incur major changes to your lifestyle and budget.
why does this sound so much like an ad?

quickoats

HSC
It’s literally one rank difference I really don’t think it’s significant (apart from the fact that ranks are arbitrary and really only apply to postgrad/research).

If you’re not bothered/maybe can’t afford to move to Canberra then stay in Sydney! No point putting financial pressure on yourself and your parents.

There are a couple of threads on ANU on BoS and I’m pretty sure they weren’t favourable... apparently they focus their resources on like research and all that stuff that contributes to their global rank.

Vultra_

HSC
UNSW Is just more convenient for you and has far more better advantages, it sounds like a ad cuz its easy to see the advantages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)