• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ANU VS. MACU - Commerce Urgent! (1 Viewer)

chunggy

HSC
Sup guys scouted through posts and have never heard about the reputation of ANU's Commerce or business department.

I got offers from both uni's and i'm racking my brains right now trying to figure out which to go to. I should mention I'm planning to switch to BBA, or major in finance or management.

Need educated opinions on ANU's commerce course compared to Macquarie's and whether its internationally recognized. (undergrad) I'm on the fence simply because ANU is consistantly ranked 1 in the go8 ... its hard to give up a spot from a uni that's ranked ONE compared to one thats not even in the go8... Ahhhhhh HELP.

(obviously i'd rather live in sydney but academically which is preferred)

**THANKS IN ADVANCE*

Last edited:

littles123

HSC
I'm not much help because I don't know the first thing about commerce but as far as unis go I'd go for the G8, anu, but if you live in nsw good luck getting accommodation at this late date :\

rx34

HSC
Personally, I would go to MacU, get a high credit/distinction average and then transfer to unsw or usyd. As long as you are willing to work hard, that transfer is almost guaranteed. Plus the extra cost to living in Canberra would be difficult on your parents.

dreamee

HSC
Personally, I would go to MacU, get a high credit/distinction average and then transfer to unsw or usyd. As long as you are willing to work hard, that transfer is almost guaranteed. Plus the extra cost to living in Canberra would be difficult on your parents.
agreed.

John555

HSC
When you say high credit/distinction, are you talking about a credit being 65-74 and distinction 75-84 or a credit being 60-69 distinction 70-79?

In my opinion, ANU aren't renowned for their commerce, although their economics department seems to be very strong. Personally, I am trying to transfer into UniMelb after a semester or a year. If I were you, I would go to MACU, get good marks and transfer to UNSW or USyd. That is provided you are willing to work hard for good marks.

Last edited:

chunggy

HSC
Great thanks for all your help and sorry for the late reply.

I chose MQU and cant wait to go.

EVERYONE GOOD LUCK WITH UR STUDIES AND DONT PARTY TOO HARD!

rx34

HSC
When you say high credit/distinction, are you talking about a credit being 65-74 and distinction 75-84 or a credit being 60-69 distinction 70-79?

In my opinion, ANU aren't renowned for their commerce, although their economics department seems to be very strong. Personally, I am trying to transfer into UniMelb after a semester or a year. If I were you, I would go to MACU, get good marks and transfer to UNSW or USyd. That is provided you are willing to work hard for good marks.
Yes I am saying:
Credit= 65 to 74
Distinction= 75-84

So a high credit would be 73+. And yes, ANU isn't renowned for commerce, however, I have heard good things about MACQ's commerce faculty. Apparently, actuarial studies is really good.

Personally OP, I wouldnt move down specially to Canberra just to do commerce when you have an offer in MACQ. Seems like a waste.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Actuarial studies is one of those degrees regulated by a governing body (like medicine, accounting, etc). Every uni will claim theirs will teach it the best, when in fact all the units for actuarial studies have more or less the same course work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)