ANU Fully Catered Accommodation Offers (1 Viewer)

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Well my portal status finally changed today to “Current Status: Academic Offer Made”

But I doubt that means anything, see as I already accepted the academic offer last week. AT least it seems to be moving though. lol

emiline

HSC
That is a great achievement Moc2009...I envy you.

How has everyone else gone? Has anyone got their acceptance package yet?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
That is a great achievement Moc2009...I envy you.

How has everyone else gone? Has anyone got their acceptance package yet?
I envy the people who got their accom offer ages ago. lol.

Have you got the pack yet? I’m hoping it comes today.

blacksunset

HSC
That sucks! If that happens we’d only know a few days before we move down there.

I’m just curious about the self catered ones if anyone knows, I was reading that you keep your food in a shared fridge – does your food get stolen much? I don’t want to spend money on food shopping for the week only for someone to steel it!

I wanted catered, but I doubt I’ll be getting that.
you can get a lock if you want to lock your food up..... it doesnt really get stolen that much. if it does - usually there are abusive signs around the college warningpeople to give it back..... that generally stops it.

emiline

HSC
Yeah my friend who lives about 4 hours away has package...mine had better come today or could be very depressing... no accomodation and no package...

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Yeah my friend who lives about 4 hours away has package...mine had better come today or could be very depressing... no accomodation and no package...
YAY, just checked the mail and got my pack. Today might be a good day, lol.. check your mail.

emiline

HSC
Hurrah! Package!

Don't worry CricketFan, if I get a package, you will too.

Have the university, just no bed...

imallergic

HSC
Hurrah indeed...

I've been living under a rock for a couple of weeks, so wasn't sure if anyone was in the same boat. Yeah, I've gotten my enrolment envelope today, but no accommodation offer. :mad1:

Anyone as unprepared for this as I am? And also, slightly off-topic, but does anyone know the number/email to use when rsvping to the Sydney pre-departure information session thingo? I lost the letter, whoops.

An hour and a half til their offices close... *sigh*

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Hurrah indeed...

And also, slightly off-topic, but does anyone know the number/email to use when rsvping to the Sydney pre-departure information session thingo? I lost the letter, whoops.

An hour and a half til their offices close... *sigh*
student.recruitment@anu.edu.au

Ph: 02 6125 3466

Monday, 2nd Feb 6pm - 7pm

Rydges World Square, 389 pitt street.

Nivi7

HSC
heya!!!

i checked my mail 2day and I got da package!!!! yay!!! now I can go and get my wisdom teeth pulled out in peace!!!

abt offers, I got mine on Friday for B&G. A few of my friends still haven't got theirs but one girl got Fenner when it wasn't even one of her preferences. Anyone else B&G-ing???

btw, with da whole moving in thing, I'm gonna move in on da 15th and not da 14th, so, will I be missing out on much????

Thanx

blacksunset

HSC
I'm a second year at b&g.... and i would reccommend you move in on the 14th. there is a first year dinner on the first night all the newbies arrive, and it gives you a chance to meet and greet all the other first years. it is run by the SR's and ressies committee - so you meet all of them too and find out who is who.
you will also have a floor party and meet everyone on your floor. so yes, you will be missing quite a few things if you move in on the sunday. i know people who did and to this day still didnt end up knowing as many people, as strange enough as that is...

Nivi7

HSC
darn!!! oh, well, I'll just have to suck it up cuz my dad wants 2 drive me to da campus but he has a medical appointment on da saturday so, Sunday it is!!!

thanx 4 da feedback!!!

emiline

HSC
SSAAAMMMMEEEE!!!!

We are moving through the process!

Lets relish the moment!

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Well it's past 5 and no accom offer yet, I guess we have to wait yet another day.

I think i'm at the point that I don't even care now.

emiline

HSC
Yeah I know hey....I'm suffering from anxiety exhaustion....tis a killer.
And I have come to really detest ANU
So bitter and twisted!

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Yeah I know hey....I'm suffering from anxiety exhaustion....tis a killer.
And I have come to really detest ANU
So bitter and twisted!
I bet we'll be the people that get shoved into the Motel.

Look at the ANU Accomodation thread and go back to last year, people got put into a Motel lol.

PS: EDIT:

One thing that really annoys me is that the Accomodation Portal website says this "Priority is given to new full-time undergraduate students whose home is outside the ACT region."

Obviously it's not true as 2nd and 3rd years have already been given accomodation offers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)