• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Antony and Cleo (1 Viewer)

kalinda

HSC
hey i just wanted to start a thread on this lovely powerplay topic
feel free to post any links or helpful additional text
the only place i can really think of is spark notes
and for additional text look in the papers at the moment
cause of the election just passed there is lots of political powerplays

sammeh

urgh anthony and cleopatra...already done it for powerplay, exam 2moro. as i recall there is a good bbc production of the play with timothy dalton as anthony - yes, its quite old. like any "good" production of shakespeare, its hideously overacted, but shakespeare was never a man to use one word when he could cram in two :p my suggestion is try and see the play live, it'll probably stick in your mind better that way. apart from that, read it two or three times.

apart from that, look back a few months to the labor party leadership debacle, consider additional texts such as "house of cards" a british series starring ian richardson as a delightfully evil chief whip for the tory's in a sort of alternate future after margaret thatcher stepped down, or maybe "yes, minister" or "frontline" both texts that satirise the levels of representation in the power structures of our society, specifically parliament and free market media respectively.

good luck :)

[cpt ans]

to miss savage...

sefton high here agen...were doing antony and cleo as well...so wen we start ill start to post up notes and ideas discussed...

this goes for everyone, ill post up stuff for all of you...were in this thing together...damn HSC

neway, until i post up info

-vatch

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
We havn't started it yet but likewise, when we do - i post some notes and similar jazz here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)