Answers (1 Viewer)

worbonom

HSC
Lothy said:
Mine looked like this:

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/895/satvp5.png

:S

Combustion
No idea, I think I ended up going a 45 degree angle upwards. Got that wrong I think.
Think so.
Above
Optical Fibre (Light = Electromagnetic Radiation) And said one quality was Total Internal Reflection which could carry digital signals quickly. Others you couldve done were like Radio Waves and the such.
Thats what mine looked like

:D

I put combustion as well, although I think decomposition was more to the point.
I did Radio waves because I couldn't be bothered thinking of anything else.

Pretty Crappy test.

militiaman

HSC
Adammmk said:
Probably the worst question was the mining one where you needed a strategy, and a reason for and against it....

What did people write?
I just made a bit of bull up about ensuring that the local waterways were not polluted by making sure that waste was disposed of correctly. For against I just said financial costs of doing this.

Probably one of the worst science questions I've seen.

Adammmk

HSC
militiaman said:
I just made a bit of bull up about ensuring that the local waterways were not polluted by making sure that waste was disposed of correctly. For against I just said financial costs of doing this.

Probably one of the worst science questions I've seen.
Couldn't agree with you more....seriously though, the wording of that exam was freakin ridiculously shit.

Still...coulda been worse.

Dimplez

HSC
Adammmk said:
Probably the worst question was the mining one where you needed a strategy, and a reason for and against it....

What did people write?
LOL I wrote something about land management...I completely went off my head in that question...fully expecting 0 for it....

Adammmk

HSC
hahahah Dimplez you're not alone.....

for the question "what would happen to the ecosystem if scientists found a way to get rid of cane toads?"

I wrote that the number of frogs and fish would increase, seeing as thats what cane toads eat. i'd assume thats right?

rohan7

HSC
for that english interview i did host, subject, host, subject for like 4 questions. listening to you guys about science makes me feel iv either screwed up real bad or you all are wrong. i leaning towards the latter :worried: but english im hoping for band 6

flaminwaffle

HSC
Hey, for the question about treading water where it had that line where you had to choose a technique. It was the line where it repeated itself and the text got smaller (dont remember the exact quote).

Anyways, did the question ask for a TECHNIQUE or a LANGUAGE TECHNIQUE? Regardless, im pretty sure it said technique and so the fact that the text gets smaller is a technique, right? >.< A lot of my friends put repetition to be safe and i was like, ohh crap, the same thing happened in the trials =\

thanks

jazzbaby

HSC
This Is Not You This Is Not You This Is Not You

i think that was it

oh fcuk

i full put the use of bold and large font as a technique
hahahh

and my diagram looks like the one on imageshack..now hopefully we did it rite aye.. FUCK SCIENCE thank god i didnt choose it next year...my trialz were alot easier than that shitty ass exam

Adammmk

HSC
farrrrrk, my diagram was totally different for the satellite one, hahaha ah well.
yeh jazzbaby, that was it, but i took the safe way and wrote repetition for the technique.

I wish I could say it was my last science exam....ah well, chemistry and biology here i come!

jazzbaby

HSC
lol
god i didnt even think of repition
im such a dufus

haha
have fun next year

:p :p

dw i took "hard" social sciences

so its not like i get off scot free from hard shit

anyway
gotta go cram for hist and geog
good luck 4 2moz Adammmk (i spell it with 2 many m's?) :p

Dreams

HSC
Guys, the question on making a strategy was complete bullshit. That was a geography question. Is it just me, or does the school certificate mean less than people already say it does. It's testing us on nothing, it's crap. Honestly. WHO THE HELL NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT DIRECTION THE FORCES ARE GOING ON A SATELLITE?!

militiaman

HSC
It was a forces/physics question, so it did have relevance.

But yeah, I relied more upon my geography knowledge for the strategy and environmental problem bit.

elliotkool

HSC
lol wut i wanna know is wut u guys wrote for the laughter imaginary writin task...

cjs4898157

korean member
HSC
Lothy said:
I didnt do lil pictures for the Life Cycle D: Oh Noes.

And for the glass I said reflected, cause if it absorbed, it would eventually warm up to a point where it emits infrared/heat.

O and for that 1st question:

Was it the one to do with Copper where the product was Copper Oxide and the diagonal box said 'HEAT'. if so than it is definately combustion. The Copper reactant becomes an 'Oxide' = Combined with oxygen. You get an oxide through burning = combustion.
If it said heat then it can also be thermal decomposition.. well I put decomposition so... meh!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Fuck, I put corrosion = = " . Stupid.

C

cagla

damn i wrote combination

and the question about the cane toad experiment, i didnt actually write a method but what needed to be controlled

like make sure the frogs were the same age and conduct experiments with the toads individually then in a group 2 c if they were simple following each other

oops...

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
cagla said:
damn i wrote combination

and the question about the cane toad experiment, i didnt actually write a method but what needed to be controlled

like make sure the frogs were the same age and conduct experiments with the toads individually then in a group 2 c if they were simple following each other

oops...
I only wrote the method because they didn't say to write the experiment >.<" I didn't write equipment or anything aaaaargh!

militiaman

HSC
I'm pretty sure that's the right thing to do, the question specifically said 'method', so you didn't have to write aim or anything like that.

I included equipment though because sometimes this is included in the method.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
fayeee said:
were we supposed to draw pictures for the life cycle one? x.X
I did but I don't think you need to. As long as you have the information.
By the way, are the toadlets or tadpoles separated into male and female?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)