Answers to IT Catholic Paper 2003? (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
Hey,

Does anyone have answers or marking guidelines to the 2003 catholic paper?

Thanks

Chris

Winston

HSC
could you post what you want, i don't think there is a completed solutions on the net, i forgot to ask my teacher for it lol

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
I got the multiple choice answers they are:

1. D
2. D
3. D
4.C
5.D
6.B
7.B
8.C
9.C
10.B
11.A
12.A
13.B
14.C
15.D

PM if u want anymore top mark answers i got nearly full marks for section 2 and i wrote top mark answers for them later, and i got full marks for section 3

chris42

HSC
Ok cool. did you get the answers to Question 16 a and b ?

Also just a note, I thought warm boot was restarting a computer?

Last edited:

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
yep :)

16. (a) A spreadsheet program would be better suited to the task because: - it will aloow him to do calculations on it, edit them by just changing the formula and not having to work it out again. It is easier to follow and edit if need be.

(b) (i) Text
(ii) =D6*o.1
(iii) =C2*B2
(iv) To highlight the formula in D2 and then copy it to cells D3 and D4

Those are the answers i put and i got full marks

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
Well thats what my teacher gave us the marks for so i guess a warm boot isn't restarting the computer

Last edited:

chris42

HSC
Cool, Thats what I got too :).. Full marks for me hopefully.

Last edited:

chris42

HSC
And just One more thing, what about 17 b iii).. I never heard of what you needed to include in a toolkit ?

Thanx

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
It's just basically things u would need if you were working on a computer, with the coponents or clenaing i this is my answer and again got full marks for it:

- Screw Driver - used to unscrew screws on the case and to take computer components out.
- Pliers - for cutting the end's off cable ties when putting them around lose wires to make sure the box isn't cluttered.

Also u could include an Anti static wrist strap to wear while working on the computer so as not to pass an static electricity to the computer coponents

chris42

HSC
Ah ok kewl, what I had again, :) I probably shouldn't be worried, I just never seen a question like that before, that's why I was a bit unsure about it.

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
ok coolies you should be fine. Really if u think about it the I.T exam just tests your commen sense and logical thinking

chris42

HSC
Yeah exactly, It's only the extended responses i'm worried about, I didn't do too well with them in the trials, any tips for them ?

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
WEll i know everyone says this but pick your strongest subjects, and always reme,ber in memo, faxes, emails, etc to put all the to, from. subject and all that shit in because they can mark u done for not including that stuff and really it'a an easy couple of marks to pick up just for including that stuff, also remmebr to refer it all to topics studied e.g if your talking about a phone conversation talk about open ended and closed ended questions and how to make the caller feel more at easw etc

chris42

HSC
Yeah, so the main idea is basically putting in as much detail as possible.

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
yes and alos using technical terms, because u could describe what u wnat to say perfectly but using the correct terminology will seperate u from a band 4 or 5 to a band 5 or 6

Winston

HSC
Ahuh, i hate that bull crap lol im more of a computers person :p...

chris42

HSC
And sorry I just remembered one more question. Question 18, was that indirect discrimination that happened to sally, and sally could take legal action, but what else could sally do to recify the situation ?

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
yes we all know this Winston :p and it would be great if we could do a practical exam but unfortunatly we can't

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)