Answers For 2006 Biology Paper (1 Viewer)

cclift

HSC
Hey guys how'd you all go for the exam? I thought it was a pretty fair one, although that 8 mark question was a bit iffy.. Anyway I decided to make this thread so people could discuss answers from the exam.
Going over the multiple choice with my teacher after i think i got about 13/15.. So I was fairly happy with that. Here are my answers with corrections where i got it wrong.

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. A
5. C
6. B
7. D
8. B
9. A x correct = D (Careless.. >.< )
10. D
11. C
12. C
13. A
14. B
15. C x correct = D (I think..)

Hmm well at least i think it's right.. let me know if otherwise :)

Good Luck with the rest of your exams!

k_stroud22

UAI 2006 83.70
HSC
yeah, the 8-marker was a bit strange....something about kochs postulates....
did anyone else notice how many people left early during the exam? at my school theres 26-odd people who sat down for the biology exam, and at 12.30, when the exam ended, only me and 3 other people remained! even the person who is coming first in the assessments, and saying how easy it was. i filled in the last 1/2 hr checking over the paper. i came first at my school for the trial...and it was ok, i didnt find it too easy...but not too hard. how does everyone else think?

cclift

HSC
Lol yeah i know how bad was that.. our bio group was split into 2 classrooms and by the end there was only 5 left in mine, but almost everyone in the other class stayed.. hahaha.. oh well its alright.. just means less people to compete against :) umm well i only actually studied for the hsc.. but i was naturally pretty good at bio. my trial result was a bit disappointing though .. 62%.. but i dont know..

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I have read over the paper and it's a fair paper. Most of the questions are not difficult if you have actually go over the syllabus and study well. Difficult questions, such as the 8-mark Warren and Marshall's experiment on Helicobacter pylori is more demanding because students are required to apply the knowledge they have gained throughout the preliminary and HSC course. It is a question that will separate higher and lower Band 6 students.

Overall a fair paper, comparable to previous years.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Survivor39 said:
the 8-mark Warren and Marshall's experiment on Helicobacter pylori is more demanding because students are required to apply the knowledge they have gained throughout the preliminary and HSC course.
I thought they weren't allowed to ask questions that utilise preliminary knowledge.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Generally, no specific question will be based on preliminary skills, but the knowlege you gain from doing 1 year of biology in the Prelimin course should be applied to your HSC studies. And that's what the 8-mark question requires you to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)