answer me this... (1 Viewer)

misskiathon

HSC
hey all....
i have a question.. if art is about personal expression...
how come the teacher wants you to do it their way???:burn:

love love xxx

Robbeh

HSC
Teachers are always right.
If it's not on the syllabus, it's not important.
If it's not in my textbook, it doesn't exist.
I shall write in formulaic sentences.
There is no expressionism.
This is grim.
There is no happiness.

OH NOES!

jessal

HSC
i dont know about your teacher but generally my teacher only butts in when she feels that a student can improve their work by aplying materials differently etc. ultimately the work is basically the same and still an expression of self. did you ever stop to think that perhaps your teacher is trying to help you?

or wait....maybe youre just shit at art?

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
jessal said:
i dont know about your teacher but generally my teacher only butts in when she feels that a student can improve their work by aplying materials differently etc. ultimately the work is basically the same and still an expression of self. did you ever stop to think that perhaps your teacher is trying to help you?

or wait....maybe youre just shit at art?
honey, it doesnt matter whether someone is shit at art of not. some art teachers are born bossy...meh.

Elke-Lee

HSC
hahaha thats what i always wondered!!

they go on about "breaking the boundaries" and doing "new things to shock your audience".. i went to an exhibition where there was just a blue board with an orange rectangle in the middle. No meaning, nothing, it wasnt like it was an optical illusion or anything cool like that. the only shocking thing about it was that someone actually paid cash for that meaningless peice of.. well, yeah.
If I done that I bet they'd fail me immediately and then I could go sell it to the art gallery for a friggin fortune.:bomb:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
you're all wrong. What you are doing is a subject called "Visual Arts"
You are doing a subject. Not creating art.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
/bump.

Pfft. Visual arts...why dont you do a REAL subject lol.

JiNxXx

HSC
pfft football as in *rugby, soccer, and even yes gridiron* is a real sport :p

visual arts is retarted...why i chose it nobody knows

trao06

HSC
visual arts and english are both reeeally opinion based. kinda sucks, but i love it anyway.

trao06

HSC
trao06 said:
i love it anyway.

not dissing =]

just coming to terms with the fact that they are both opinion based, so it's impossible to get a right or wrong mark because it depends entirely on the marker(s).

i still love english and art though!

Member232135

HSC
N/A
trao06 said:
not dissing =]

just coming to terms with the fact that they are both opinion based, so it's impossible to get a right or wrong mark because it depends entirely on the marker(s).

i still love english and art though!
How can it be possible to get neither a right or wrong answer? It has to be one of the two.

zaqwerty

HSC
I love that art is so subjective because it's so damn easy to get 100% in exams.

My art teacher gave us orders that we HAVE to thank her when we get good marks, but if we get crap marks, it's all our fault.

zaqwerty

HSC
Sidicious-Reign said:
How can it be possible to get neither a right or wrong answer? It has to be one of the two.
A good answer is not necessarily "right" as such, rather you're able to create a good argument and you're able to back yourself up.

e.g. Q. How does the context of an artist affect their practice?

Answer 1: The materials that are available to an artist will influence the way they produce their art.

Answer 2: Traditional artists during the Baroque Art Movement, for example, Artemesia, were forced by the expectations of their society to produce artworks that were realistic and which conformed to traditional methods of creating art. Contemporary artists however, for example, Christo, who have been educated and influenced by a post-modern society are thus more likely to produce art that is innovative not only in concept but also in material.

Neither answer is wrong, one is just "better".

Nevertheless, there is definately such a thing as a "wrong" answer.

(Shite.. did I just contradict myself? I hope not...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)