Another Subject Selection Question (1 Viewer)

macrazy

HSC
I'm still tossing up between a couple of subjects and we've gotten our line pattern now so I have to make a decision.. The subjects I am definitely taking are:
Advanced English
Mathematics
Mathematics extension 1
Chemistry
So my question is which of the following should I take/what's the advantages and disadvantages of each/personal opinions on:
Studies of Religion - 1 vs. 2 (I have to take one - Catholic School)
Biology vs. physics vs. geography vs. ancient history - I have to take two (I can't take any more or less) right now I'm leaning towards biology and physics but the workload scares me a little and I'm not overly keen on physics (I really like it, but not as much as biology or chemistry, which I love).
I want to do a science degree at uni, I've been looking at medicinal chemistry and an advanced bachelor of science, so I have an ATAR goal of around 95. I am going well at school, and have consistently came first in both maths and science every year in high school. Last year I also came first in geography and I go well in history. With the HSC plus program I can get bonus points for biology and physics for the uni's I've been looking at. Completely at loss as to which two to choose.

jazzawhat

HSC
If you go with physics and bio you're doing the exact same subjects as my friend! (Not helpful.) However, with SOR check if your school allows you to do one unit with an extension course making up the 12. Mine is making me 2 units in year 11 in case I drop ext maths, that way I still have 12. Says a lot about the commitment of previous ext students ahah

HSC
Bio and Ancient History if you want to maximise your marks. Content is simple and very straight forward. Physics has mathematical calculations and trickier concepts although it does scale better...

spatula232

HSC
If your thinking about doing geography, actually see if it runs. At my school it hasn't run in about 8 years. I laughed when they told me cause they never get a class.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Physics scales immensely, i would advise you to pick physics (you're good at it too). Since you have a interest in science , take bio too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)