Another school shooting in America (1 Viewer)

HalcyonSky

HSC
News said:
THE death toll from a shooting at a US university today is now six, with four of the victims being female, the university president has said.

Dr John Peters spoke to reporters at the scene of the Valentine's Day massacre at Northern Illinois University's DeKalb campus outside Chicago.

He said four people, including the gunman, died at the scene, and two died later at the hospital.

Another 16 people were injured.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23217812-2,00.html

looks like its becoming a regular occurrence. whats going on in americas universities?

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
This is apparently the 6th school shoting in America in the past week.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
This is apparently the 6th school shoting in America in the past week.
:|

Until i visited mydeathspace (I know, not the best source but anyway) I had no idea how many people were killed in gun accidents or crazy kids killing their ex partner in the US

boris

Banned
HSC
violent video games something something marilyn manson something something second amendment somethng something charlton heston something something BOOM

Zrap

glock9
HSC
violent video games something something marilyn manson something something second amendment somethng something charlton heston something something BOOM
Michael Moore - Bowling for Columbine
I guess Americans, havent learn.
Guns kill people.
NRA are fuckin spacktards

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You know what's sad?

When I talk to Americans about this and mention they should have much tighter gun laws, they all get defensive and claim that it's got nothing to do with guns and its the people that pull the trigger that are the problem.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
well...isnt that true? More guns in a society usually means more freedom and the ability to defend yourself from the criminals who will have the guns wether it is legal or not.

hunting is a massive sport in america, a gun is also an important tool for farmers, theres collectors, historically valuable weapons you name it. When Australia got extremely strict on gun laws, shooting and hunting suffered badly, and it wasnt even that big here in the first place.

Implimenting gun laws would basically be wide spread rioting, the army being brought in and the government probably being overthrown.

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
the kid play too much CSS or wow or both u never know.

bet you he play a hunter =d

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Serius said:
well...isnt that true? More guns in a society usually means more freedom and the ability to defend yourself from the criminals who will have the guns wether it is legal or not.
Does this actually happen though. Also, I don't have the stats on me, but isn't gun violence much, much higher in the US where guns are legalised than anywhere else in the world? I'm not denying that it's a good self-defense weapon, but surely the negatives outweight the positives.

hunting is a massive sport in america, a gun is also an important tool for farmers, theres collectors, historically valuable weapons you name it. When Australia got extremely strict on gun laws, shooting and hunting suffered badly, and it wasnt even that big here in the first place.
Who cares about the sport of hunting though? A few pissed off gun nuts is a small price to pay for a safer society imo. As for the farmer's, if they need one they could apply for a license. I don't think anyone would advocate getting rid of guns entirely, but stricter rules and regulations are needed.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Serius said:
No, it actually doesn't, and I'm worried that you made that claim.

Gun related crimes have dropped by more than half since Australia brought its gun laws in.

Guns in Australia are allowed for hunting, farming and collection.

And finally, there's nothing bad about hunting suffering. :)

Implimenting gun laws would basically be wide spread rioting, the army being brought in and the government probably being overthrown.
Yeah, it's a fucked up country, but that doesn't change facts: they'd be better off with stricter gun laws.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
sigh, don't expect America to roll in any law that bans guns, they love their guns.
And that is why they are never in Orwellian styled totalitarian novels/films. They can defend themselves against oppresive regimes.

:rolleyes:

HSC
ari89 said:
And that is why they are never in Orwellian styled totalitarian novels/films. They can defend themselves against oppresive regimes.

:rolleyes:
yeah but theyre too fat and lazy to actually defend themselves

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
Slidey said:
... they all get defensive and claim that it's got nothing to do with guns and its the people that pull the trigger that are the problem.
retards.

Republican

HSC
N/A
GUN CONTROL HISTORY
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control:56 million.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
So basically, you consider America to be a 3rd world country in the grips of civil war?

America might be a joke, but let's not exaggerate things too much. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)