Another reason why god doesn't exist (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

i just mentioned how hard it would be to talk with you
You never attempted to discuss anything. You automatically assumed I was incapable of having a discussion because I 'hate the Church'. I am most open to any discussion you want to have, but not as long as you continue to accuse me of not being able to converse.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
robbie1 said:
"somebody like you" - meaning somebody who has a pure hatred for my Church and my beliefs, my priests, my Pope....not somebody beneath me.....infact nobody is beneath me - all are equally loved by God.
How come there has to be a Church and a Pope and everything.

Can't you just believe in God?

Thus removing the problem of pedophile priests :)

K

katie_tully

Now we just need to get rid of the paedophile barristers, lawyers, judges, teachers, bakers aaaand... the old guy down the road.

nharvey

HSC
N/A
well its probably best to find another God to believe in in that case:
"Thou art Peter, and upon this Rock i will build my Church"- from the man himself, not to mention the numerous instructions given in Paul's letters which tell us how the Church should be run.

also, while i'm at it, i think it's a bit misleading referring to the catholic church as 'the' Church. Seeing as they aren't the original Church themselves, other protestants would be able to hold the same claim... so i think it'd be more appropriate to find the figures for those sects aswell, rather than constricting them to the catholic church.

this thread is not a discussion regarding the existence of God or even the legitimacy of the Church- it's just looking at one particular denomination, which isn't even the original in itself.

coopert

HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Hey guys... I don't want to give the ending away but if you're interested here's the spoiler:
GOD DOES NOT EXIST

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
god put lol people on earth (see christain woman loses it at atticus and co and various other incidents ) for our lulz. god loves al of us. especaially me, because he shows me his lols.

i love god

coopert

HSC
But yeah, wasn't there a documentary released earlier this year or late last year on this exact topic?

A woman (Canadian, I think) went all the way to The Vatican to interview people and research the whole issue. She spoke to both Church leaders and clergymen, people who were childhood victims of sexual abuse at the hands of the Church, and clergymen who had been found guilty of sexual abuse.

I have not yet seen the film yet, but I saw an interview with the woman behind the documentary, and she seemed genuinely shocked at the corruption behind the Catholic church. Not only did the man who was convicted of peadophelia fail to recognize that he had done anything actually wrong and felt that he was acting in accordance with Chruch policy(*? Im not sure what word to use), but that his case had been covered up and he had been protected by the Church during his trial etc

I dont recall the name of this doco but I would love to hire it! I saw the interview on the Stan and Margeret Pomeranz movie show I think lol

It's really quite sad when you see some of the people on this thread trying to compensate the attrocities commited in the name of the Church by saying that
"the Church was founded by God" etc..
Cant you think of any valid arguments to counter what's being said?? It just shows that even true believers can't deny the facts. The only argument they can use is the whole "God/Jesus" thing which is a tired argument that I'm sick of hearing. This thread has nothing to do with God or any higher power, It is about the evil actions of people who are in a position of Authority and how this has been covered up by the largest and oldest(read: corrupt) institution in the world. It is impossible to play down or justify the covering up of such actions.

One person was saying how 7% is not a substantial statistic! Well it is also a fact that the amount of actual sex-crimes commited are disproportionate to the amount of sexual abuse actually reported. Often people are scared, shy, afraid, embarrassed, and pressured not to report anything. If 7% of people have been coming out and speaking up about their experiences, then it would be logical to presume that this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Anyway I've been rambling on for WAAAAAAAY too long LOL

PS: I'm an Athiest but I do not care if you're Muslim, Christian, Bhudist, etc!! If it makes you happy then go for it!!! I just personally find it difficult to fathom how anybody can still have faith in the Catholic Church after everything that has come out in recent years

superkurtas

HSC
katie_tully said:
lulz, serious?
... yea serious. The actions of some members of a church dont prove that God (or any god) does or doesn't exists.

It's like saying "I met this swedish guy once and he borrowed some money without paying it back. Therefore Sweden is evil."

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
superkurtas said:
... yea serious. The actions of some members of a church dont prove that God (or any god) does or doesn't exists.

It's like saying "I met this swedish guy once and he borrowed some money without paying it back. Therefore Sweden is evil."
totally agreeed we are only human anywhos

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
superkurtas said:

It's called a joke sweetie, evidenced by the "lulz"

Freakster01

HSC
u know these kind of topic, u guys shuld really keep it to urself becuz discussing this online can really have an affect on wat others fink and in the end, it doesent really go anywhere.

jiggymcfizzle

pwner of a lonely heart
HSC
go jimmayyy and catholic guy. robbie i think. well ill refer to him as catholic guy. funny how the nicest guy in the thread is the one most firmly tied to a church.

a few things ive noticed that ill just put out there:
-its wrong to generalise. a lot of the catholic church has some really good people involved, even if the pope is sometimes a bit of an old turd. and no one say PROVE IT, coz then ill have to look up stuff on the all-knowing, completely correct wikipedia

-i laughed heartily at the bit where jimmayyy said: "rofl way to zoom in on actions that happened hundreds of years ago, still thinking they are topical today. i admitted myself that they have a horrific past, but they aren't still doing it today. without the church there never would have been the expansion into other parts of this earth as there was. Christianity made Europe what it is today." and katie's response was "examples please". one word comes to mind: missionaries. another word: holy roman empire. and there was that small bunch of events called the crusades, and that other time period known as the renaissance, where a bit of religious art popped up here and there. im not saying that those are all good things, but hey there was a little bit of expansion going on during that. some things can be said without the need to prove them

-catholic guy is awesome, coz he realises that katies a bit of a bitch but hes too nice to say it.

-soz katie about calling u a bitch but u are sometimes. u do hav a ton of good points tho. i heard somewhere that u were raised a catholic but left coz u realised it was bullshit. i wouldnt call catholicism bullshit if it teaches compassion. id call some of their stories bullshit but they have good morals. it provides answers for people, especially those in more tight situations than our own. but yes a lot of the priests are dirty bastards and u got some good discussion on why that is. so maybe u arent a bitch. just a tad edgy

-ignore jimmayyy if u dont like him. that would be the best way to win. if u want to discuss priests and thats it, and u blame him for changing the point, u probs took part in that too so stop your whining. he seems fun to argue with. i mite give it a go. wtf? u say the civilised the western world. u crazy fucker. the roman republic and emprire was the cornerstone of the civilised world, then about the time that christianity was introduced, the civilisation degraded. coincidence? (feel free to poke holes in that, i want to argue)

-u all suck at arguing a point. and im not saying i dont either, but i dont hav much of a point so please dont hit me with your spite about that. i can see a small portion of my giant story being taken out and ripped apart by u katie, but i know that that just acknowledges that the rest of my statements are good. too bad jimmayyy didnt notice that. man ur just as uptight as her. if u could argue your point better she would be stumped for a retort.

-to say that god doesnt exist just because it cant be proved seems a bit silly. maybe we dont exist because the big bang cant be proved. i know that wasnt brought up at all but someone mite be thinking it, and i enjoy making that point.

-im getting off point. priests do it coz theyr horny bastards and probably the power thing. most other priests dont cover it up, they just dont admit it. similar but not the same. id imagine they dont like to dis a part of the organisation their whole life has revolved around.

-rants are fun, they help procrastination. soz if i insulted people but i like wasting time and i just dont like ignorance. probably because deep down i wish i had as much faith in something as the rest of u do, i dont know.

somewhere in this thread of ultimate spitefullness i hav been a bit educated so cheers for a hot discush

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
jiggymcfizzle said:
a few things ive noticed that ill just put out there:
-its wrong to generalise. a lot of the catholic church has some really good people involved, even if the pope is sometimes a bit of an old turd. and no one say PROVE IT, coz then ill have to look up stuff on the all-knowing, completely correct wikipedia
So there are good people but the leader is a bit of a turd? Okay, right. You're wonderfully eloquent.

-i laughed heartily at the bit where jimmayyy said: "rofl way to zoom in on actions that happened hundreds of years ago, still thinking they are topical today. i admitted myself that they have a horrific past, but they aren't still doing it today. without the church there never would have been the expansion into other parts of this earth as there was. Christianity made Europe what it is today." and katie's response was "examples please". one word comes to mind: missionaries. another word: holy roman empire. and there was that small bunch of events called the crusades, and that other time period known as the renaissance, where a bit of religious art popped up here and there. im not saying that those are all good things, but hey there was a little bit of expansion going on during that. some things can be said without the need to prove them
What? Do you know what you're saying here? Can you speak English? Do you know how to spell? Do you know how to rationalise a point at all? Or are you just typing away for the fun of it?

-soz katie about calling u a bitch but u are sometimes. u do hav a ton of good points tho. i heard somewhere that u were raised a catholic but left coz u realised it was bullshit. i wouldnt call catholicism bullshit if it teaches compassion. id call some of their stories bullshit but they have good morals. it provides answers for people, especially those in more tight situations than our own. but yes a lot of the priests are dirty bastards and u got some good discussion on why that is. so maybe u arent a bitch. just a tad edgy
STOP BEING A CONTRADICTORY FUCK. :)

-ignore jimmayyy if u dont like him. that would be the best way to win. if u want to discuss priests and thats it, and u blame him for changing the point, u probs took part in that too so stop your whining. he seems fun to argue with. i mite give it a go. wtf? u say the civilised the western world. u crazy fucker. the roman republic and emprire was the cornerstone of the civilised world, then about the time that christianity was introduced, the civilisation degraded. coincidence? (feel free to poke holes in that, i want to argue)
Reading this has made my IQ drop severely. Shut up.

-u all suck at arguing a point. and im not saying i dont either,
First of all, we can spell and we all have opinions that we can back up. You are on no ones side and you're being completely contradictory in all of your statements.

but i dont hav much of a point so please dont hit me with your spite about that. i can see a small portion of my giant story being taken out and ripped apart by u katie, but i know that that just acknowledges that the rest of my statements are good. too bad jimmayyy didnt notice that. man ur just as uptight as her. if u could argue your point better she would be stumped for a retort.
Again, I reiterate: Shut up, you are currently contributing nothing to the argument at hand.

-to say that god doesnt exist just because it cant be proved seems a bit silly. maybe we dont exist because the big bang cant be proved. i know that wasnt brought up at all but someone mite be thinking it, and i enjoy making that point.
The thread title was said in jest. A joke.

-im getting off point. priests do it coz theyr horny bastards and probably the power thing. most other priests dont cover it up, they just dont admit it. similar but not the same. id imagine they dont like to dis a part of the organisation their whole life has revolved around.
So what's your point?

-rants are fun, they help procrastination. soz if i insulted people but i like wasting time and i just dont like ignorance. probably because deep down i wish i had as much faith in something as the rest of u do, i dont know.

somewhere in this thread of ultimate spitefullness i hav been a bit educated so cheers for a hot discush
Wow. You truly are an idiot.

jiggymcfizzle

pwner of a lonely heart
HSC
damn i said "u say the civilised the western world" when i meant "u say they civilised the western world?". that must make my whole idea invalid. speaking of civilised, a bored of studies forum is pretty obviously not the place for civilised discussion- just hint to robbie and katie for before.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
jiggymcfizzle said:
damn i said "u say the civilised the western world" when i meant "u say they civilised the western world?". that must make my whole idea invalid. speaking of civilised, a bored of studies forum is pretty obviously not the place for civilised discussion- just hint to robbie and katie for before.
An absolute idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)