another question. (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
hey,

Sorry for bombarding everyone with all these quetsions that are probably all just common sense, but this is in regards to long responses in exams. at the moment, im getting very good marks for my long responses, but most of the time, im just regurgitating info from the textbook. That is, using very very similar..or the same examples, and basically paraphrasing the definitions provided etc. Just wondering whether everyone is doing the same thing?? And also, what marks should I really be getting?? Would I still get band 6 if I wrote like this in the HSC??

thanks,

hyperbole.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Yeah, that shows you have an understanding of the concepts and everything!
thats great
try using study guides but to get another view of it. macquarie is a really good one, I recommend that
i use HSC business studies by sykes and macquarie for my notes :)

hyperbole, you sound like a very talented student, im sure ull get a band 6 in business!
good luck in it! :)

Pace_T

HSC
well what marks were u getting for ur extended responses? how we are supposed to know if u'll get consistent marks and a band 6 unless if we know how ur going now. Generally speaking, good marks in ur assessments (in extended response form) will accurately reflect what you would get in an extended response in an exam.

Alot of people just state definitions and provide case studies, but to get the higher mark, the student must show the ability to apply these definitions to the given case study/s (if present) or to the question. You have to discuss why the syllabus points (that are being targetted) are important in the question

look at the extended responses in the resource section to get a fair idea of what is expected when they are done in exam conditions.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I've been receiving 19s or 20s for all my long responses since Year 11. But I get the feeling that I'm only recieving these marks because my responses are somewhat better than other students in my school, but I should really be getting less. Paraphrasing doesn't seem to be showing understanding but a good memory. But I've become so used to it, I don't think I can change it. I just want to know whether other people are doing the same thing and getting good marks.

Mandy101

HSC
What you're doing is fine for the last Extended response, but the first one (the report) you need to be able to apply all that knowledge because they'll give you a random situation. But even so, most of biz studies is just regurgitating info where appropriate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)