Another Prediction Wont hurt Please (1 Viewer)

gilese

Please help me in giving me a rough estimate on my uai please, your help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Everyone.
Ok here are my results as at current before school left:

Subject, Half Yearly, Rank, Assessment Rank.

Agriculture 2U 64% 2/3 1/3
Design & Tech 2U 80% 1/15 1/15
English Stnd 2U 75% N/A 6/143
IPT 2U 85% 1/19 1/19
IT (VET) 80% 1/13

Im at at School in the Western Subs Chifley College (Mt Druitt Area) were ranked at about 50th or something i guess (i know its lame)

Everyone pleae help me out here at an estimate i will be able to improve on these mark at 5-10% each with trials and assessments (being my strongest) thanks everyone. ;)

gman03

HSC
gilese said:
Please help me in giving me a rough estimate on my uai please, your help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Everyone.
Ok here are my results as at current before school left:

Subject, Half Yearly, Rank, Assessment Rank.

Agriculture 2U 64% 2/3 1/3
Design & Tech 2U 80% 1/15 1/15
English Stnd 2U 75% N/A 6/143
IPT 2U 85% 1/19 1/19
IT (VET) 80% 1/13

Im at at School in the Western Subs Chifley College (Mt Druitt Area) were ranked at about 50th or something i guess (i know its lame)

Everyone pleae help me out here at an estimate i will be able to improve on these mark at 5-10% each with trials and assessments (being my strongest) thanks everyone. ;)
Dipicting from your rank in english, I would say around 93 or so..

What you want to do with your UAI? I mean what's the cut-offs for courses you are looking for are? UAI prediction without a goal is pretty time wasting.

gilese

I am wishing to be a technology teacher in secondary schools and need at uai of 81 if i get that ill celebrate but if i get above ill be greatfull

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I guess youll celebrate and be greatful then when you get your UAI

gilese

Thanks everyone Keep posting predictions so i can compare everyone thanks once more
Regards
Gilese

Estel

Tutor
HSC
"Im at at School in the Western Subs Chifley College (Mt Druitt Area) were ranked at about 50th or something i guess (i know its lame)"

I don't think a school in a Mt Druit Area with 143 English Standard students in ranked 50th.
Anyhow, you should probably ask your careers advisor for stats as to what previous students near the top of past grades achieved.

gilese

Estel said:
"Im at at School in the Western Subs Chifley College (Mt Druitt Area) were ranked at about 50th or something i guess (i know its lame)"

I don't think a school in a Mt Druit Area with 143 English Standard students in ranked 50th.
Anyhow, you should probably ask your careers advisor for stats as to what previous students near the top of past grades achieved.

are you saying we would be ranked worse or better im not sure about that im just taking an gestimate on rank

Estel

Tutor
HSC
You can expect around 86 then provided that you feel nobody is in a better position than you and previous duxes all got around there.

I would say closer to 500, than 50, to be frank.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I agree with Estel. There's no way your school was ranked 50th with a dux of 86. Even if everyone else fell between 86 and 80. (not impossible).

You can expect around 80. Since the dux may have done chem/phy/4 maths subjects and are, like you, coming first in them. Therefore, scaling favours those who are or did those subjects.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Survivor39 said:
I agree with Estel. There's no way your school was ranked 50th with a dux of 86. Even if everyone else fell between 86 and 80. (not impossible).

You can expect around 80. Since the dux may have done chem/phy/4 maths subjects and are, like you, coming first in them. Therefore, scaling favours those who are or did those subjects.

i guess it depnds how the school is ranked

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
It doesn't matter how schools were ranked in this case. They would not have sufficient number of band 6 anyway, since band 6 is how they rank schools in both ways - either by nNUMBER of band 6 or Number of band 6 divided by number of STUDENTS.

Either way, with a dux of 86, you can't expect more than 5 band 6 achieved by the school. So it doesn't really matter. 5 band 6 will not be enough for the top 50 spot. Nor 5 band 6 out of around 150 students (looking at the number of students in English Standard) be enough either.

gilese

Survivor39 said:
It doesn't matter how schools were ranked in this case. They would not have sufficient number of band 6 anyway, since band 6 is how they rank schools in both ways - either by nNUMBER of band 6 or Number of band 6 divided by number of STUDENTS.

Either way, with a dux of 86, you can't expect more than 5 band 6 achieved by the school. So it doesn't really matter. 5 band 6 will not be enough for the top 50 spot. Nor 5 band 6 out of around 150 students (looking at the number of students in English Standard) be enough either.

Sorry i wasnt quite sure about the school ranking stuff were prolly 50th in sydney lol

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I couldnt find your schools name on the DA list. Is Chifley College the full school name?

gilese

Its Chifley College Senior Campus Was Originaly Chifley College Whalan Campus, school relocated then changed into a senior campus at different location

gilese

im not sure we did lol but we will this year so it will put us up on the board thanks for trying neways appreciate it, at the moment im getting band 5,6 in assessments and half yearlys

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
To get a more decent estimate you should try and contact last years dux and see the types of marks that he was getting for his assesments, especially if you do the same sorts of subjects

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
acmilan1987 said:
I couldnt find your schools name on the DA list. Is Chifley College the full school name?
I don't think that school is anywhere near top 120 anyway (this is not an offence). You won't be able to locate it if it's not in the top 120.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
"at the moment im getting band 5,6 in assessments and half yearlys" which is in fact no indication of your HSC results, keeping in mind your schools' past performance.

Not intended to put you down. Just be aware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)