Another Paper 1 Question. (1 Viewer)

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
What order is it best to do the sections in? My class teacher said to do sections 3 then 2 then 1. However, it really didn't work out well for me in the trials for lack of time management. So, what do you guys suggest? Does it really matter or should I just go in sequential order?

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
You can read the texts during reading time and make a start on finding techniques etc

cheepy5

HSC
yeah it makes more sense to read the material in reading time and get straight in to the questions otherwise by the time you've done the other sections you probably have to go back and read it again and waste time.
I'm gona go:
Comprehension 1st
Creative 2nd if its a short story question if not probably last
Essay

ArguablyMitch

HSC
Definitely comprehension first. I go in the order of 1, 3, 2, simply because my essay writing is far stronger than my creative (which I'm horrible at).

wavess

HSC
I would always leave my creative writing last, because say if you run out of time and your doing the other sections of the essay, you're obviously not gonna be able to finish it off, and you're gonna lose marks (Esp with section I) But if u leave creative last and you have say 4 minutes to go (and the stories not done) you can just make the story seem like it doesn't have an ending.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
I would always leave my creative writing last, because say if you run out of time and your doing the other sections of the essay, you're obviously not gonna be able to finish it off, and you're gonna lose marks (Esp with section I) But if u leave creative last and you have say 4 minutes to go (and the stories not done) you can just make the story seem like it doesn't have an ending.
O_O You magnificent son of a gun.

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
agree with the comments above, do the comprehension first so you can spend your reading time reading through the text and then choose which ever section your good at, so do the essay 2nd and creative writing 3rd- and you could always wrap up the story and make any kind of ending, whereas the essay needs to be finished.

Demise

HSC
Do comprehension first, but plan your essay as soon as the exam begins so you don't forget any quotes, techniques, arguments, etc. Once you've spent 5-10 minutes planning, complete comprehension, then your essay which should write itself from the plan, and use your time left to do the creative piece. If you have 10 minutes to go, throw in 2 arguments for your essay that fit to enhance your response and possibly get you more marks.

freeeeee

HSC
i do creative, belonging then comprehension

creative takes 30mins (~800 words) Belonging 35mins (~1000 words) and then i have 55 minutes for comprehension

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)