Another Irp Problem... (1 Viewer)

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
sorry guys, umm, just wondering has anyone got any good ideas on an IRP topic..i was thinking about teenage suicide, because this year there has been so many, and i thought it would help me understand it a bit better and why people turn to it. My teacher want very sure about it because she said she didnt think anyone would want to talk about it!! I dont think i would need to talk to anyone about it, because i was close to one of them but i didnt tell her that... My focus question would be:-

-Why do teenagers turn to suicide??

..................................Yay, or nay?? :confused:

If not...coz i would be happy not to do that, so many ideas are too depressing, any suggestions would be great!!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm yeh maybe the reasons causing teenage suicide or something? it might be hard to gather primary information.. maybe research something which may lead to suicide
for example researching teenage depression.. causes.. how it can be overcome.. what it can lead to (including suicide)
i actually wrote up this big irp thread yesterday but there was an error when i posted it and everything was lost (including like the 30 possible topics i had.. grrr)
ill type it up again this afternoon when i get home it should be up by around 4pm? if you are still stuck for topics

mishka

HSC
N/A
you've also got to consider what is going to be easy to research. i'm thinking it would be hard to interview/survey people who know of someone who has committed/attempted suicide or who has attempted it themselves. then there's the ethics you need to think about. are these people going to want personal information published about them? (of course, you wouldn't be including any names).

another point to consider - is it going to be hard revisiting an issue like that for yourself, if you know someone who has been through it. is it worth the pain?

that's my thoughts, anyway. have a look at cro_angel's list when she posts it. good luck with it all. :)

littlebear1107

HSC
I should warn you that this topic is not particularly original, and if you decided to attempt it you may want to find a new angle from which to address the topic. While it is good you are looking at something that interests you, be careful not to go for an issue that is too close to home, you may not be able to stay objective. Also it might wear you down working on suicide for so many months . Ultimately you want to choose a topic that you can easily research and that you will enjoy working on.

That being said, if you choose to ignore my advice (ppl usually do), a family friend of mine committed suicide a few years ago and I'd be willing to help you out with a survey or interview.

Good luck!

cyclonesarah

I am also doing that same topic ... well kinda anyway. I wanted to do teen suicide but my teacher said to be very careful because the Board of Studies might not like me giving surveys out about suicide to the students so we changed it to Depression and the results of depression/how it effects decision making and family life.

The reason I wanted to do this was because I have had 3 family members commit suicide and also 2 friends attempt it. I have found more primary research about drpression than I have suicide, so you might want to think about that. I posted my IRP plan in the resource section of BOS, so you can have a look at that (but as far as I know its not there yet).

If you want any help or ideas just send me an e-mail or something (cyclonesarah_13@hotmail.com)

Good Luck!

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
yeah, my teacher wouldnt let me do that..im doing breast cancer now! I wanted to do teenage suicide bcoz in the last year ive known 4 people who have done it...thought it would help me undersatnd it a bit beta..oh well, thanks anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)