Another 2 weeks and it starts (1 Viewer)

gleeek

HSC
Is anyone else struggling to accept the fact that in just over 2 weeks we are going to be entering our last year of high school, or better yet the HSC?

starshine02

HSC
Yeah truthfully i don't really feel ready for something like that. I don't like how everything will finally count after 11years of it not counting

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is anyone else struggling to accept the fact that in just over 2 weeks we are going to be entering our last year of high school, or better yet the HSC?
I think that's an attitude that's detrimental.

It's just another year of school. Treat it as such.

Don't be "omg oh no - hsc oh no it's going to be very bad :( :( :( :( :( "

gleeek

HSC
I think that's an attitude that's detrimental.

It's just another year of school. Treat it as such.

Don't be "omg oh no - hsc oh no it's going to be very bad :( :( :( :( :( "
I never indicated that I have such an attitude. I am merely saying that I am finding it surreal but in terms of attitude I am excited :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Ah, well... it didn't sound that way to me.

But if you say so...

Have fun!

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I reckon It's just going to be another year...with actual pressure...I'm starting to get into it, but I'm still pretty calm about it.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait till you are trying to accept the end of school :p

Honestly I had a blast in Year 12, it's not the big scary monster at the end of the book people make it out to be. If you've been chugging away from the getgo at school, it's like going from Yr 7 to Yr 8, or Year 10 to Year 11. It's just another year. Granted a year with more work, but more 18ths and more group bonding :)

fionarykim

HSC
OMGG im soo excited coz yr 12 is going to be amazing!!
but i am also soo worried!
because now EVERYTHING coutns and i havent improved enough yet!!
the real thing begins now and i feel like i havent practiced enough HAHA i need another yr of yr 11!!
anyways GOODLUCK ALL :DD

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
OMGG im soo excited coz yr 12 is going to be amazing!!
but i am also soo worried!
because now EVERYTHING coutns and i havent improved enough yet!!
the real thing begins now and i feel like i havent practiced enough HAHA i need another yr of yr 11!!
anyways GOODLUCK ALL :DD
You'll be fine. My Yr 11 to Year 12 results are so different (i.e Yr 12 is much better), and I went overseas for like 3 weeks in year 12. If you have a goal and take steps toward it, you will get there. Yr 11 was the error run for Year 12 :)

fionarykim

HSC
You'll be fine. My Yr 11 to Year 12 results are so different (i.e Yr 12 is much better), and I went overseas for like 3 weeks in year 12. If you have a goal and take steps toward it, you will get there. Yr 11 was the error run for Year 12 :)
aww that is sweet!!
but thankssss that makes me so much more confident bout yr 12 hahah

harrietty

HSC
Mm, I don't feel ready, I'm too young!! Haha, but seriously, I'm just trying to be relaxed about it and try to do my best.

ClassOf2013

HSC
I'm trying not to be one of those people who gets uber stressed about starting Year 12. From former students I have talked to, it's just like another year of school. I'm not going to start studying 5 hours a day as soon as I hit next term, if I do that I think i'll peak too early, ie lose motivation before the HSC.

As for it being the last year of high school, my feelings regarding that are kind of mixed. There's quite a few things that I think I will miss about school when I leave, and quite a few things that I definately won't (90% of the people in my grade being a big one).

Bee_J

HSC
I'm kind of 50/50. I'm okay with starting year 12, it's just another year, but then it's only another 12 months, 1 year left and I get a bit worried. I'm scared mainly of the expectations and the pressure. But at the moment I'm okay about it, somewhat excited, wanting it to hurry up and start...
I think the hardest bit would have to be knowing that in 12 months (or just a little over) our lives will (most likely) be so different to what they are now....

MK2308

HSC
I'm sort of freaking out here and there, only because I have slacked off so much in year 11 with ugly results! I hope I will finally gain some motivation to do some consistent studying... ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)