Annual Award Ceremony (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
morning storm said:
you'll certainly be up for a couple of things, it just depends what

its a long way away though, so dw about it yet.
just make sure you dont let the competitiveness of the year get to you. hsc can make a lot of people turn into jerks. people will remember the guy who was extremely smart and yet didnt let that get in the way of being nice or maintaining friendships.

in doing this, you will find your maturity is rewarded not just at the end of year award ceremony but with the respect of your peers in the years to come. the most valuable lessons we learn at school are not necessarily just those in the classroom!
That's such a great piece of advice. Count on me :p

I am not going to be like some jerks at my school who don't even help others "because they want to get better results". I mean, at the end, HSC result never defines us who we are. But those people chose it to define them which is a real pity. I really appreciate your advice. You are a role model for all St Pius X students including I and Turner especially (and Chow...lol even though he doesn't seem to carry that idea into reality).

Zephyrio

HSC
I guess the pieces of paper for topping the subjects... the UNSW scholarship worth $4000. Second premier's award (highest on the school merit system)... um, there's also a literacy award worth $200 that I might get, and then there are the special prizes given by the principal at the end. I may get one of those... not sure. There are around five on offer.

XFatimaX

HSC
we have
- Sports awards n trophies
- academic awards
- DUX - with a present.. (something with the students name engraved on it.. )
- School service awards..
- Principals awards
- Community awards
- Caltex award, Reuben F Scarf award..
- Debating trophies and awards (English and history)
- Science awards (Some institution gives out awards for students who are excelling in bio/chem/physics)
- Awards for coming first in a subject..
- Attendance awards
- Commendation awards
- they present the SRCZ during our ceremonies..
- Music awards (and performances)
- $50 books vouchers from Angus & robertson...

So yeah thats about it.. :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
I guess the pieces of paper for topping the subjects... the UNSW scholarship worth $4000. Second premier's award (highest on the school merit system)... um, there's also a literacy award worth $200 that I might get, and then there are the special prizes given by the principal at the end. I may get one of those... not sure. There are around five on offer.
wow, your arms will be broken if you carry all those truckloads of awards!

ah, I forgot that you are a tank. :)

chaldoking

HSC
xMrRand0m said:
A piece of cellulose is merely a piece of cellulose. Compare the paper used for wiping feces off people's bottoms to the paper used for recognition of academic achievement. Do you see any difference in molecular formation? I don't think so. Paper is paper. However, when you get handed a medallion or trophy with your name carved into it, it brings about a sense of success =)
Paper is not just Paper - a paper with your name on it, is essentially the same as a medallion or trophy. No need to act as though one is better than the other - if he didn't deserve a trophy he didn't deserve it. Philosophy that you will be doing would be reading from paper - things on paper can still be good - like ENGLISH NOVELS :D

dp624

HSC
o_O Come on guys get over some lighthearted comments. On the Internetz, YOU"RE WRONG
lol

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Got 1st in Maths Ext 2. Received a certificate and a $30 voucher for Collins Booksellers.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
gcchick said:
Got 1st in Maths Ext 2. Received a certificate and a $30 voucher for Collins Booksellers.
My school is so cheap. You dont get anything like that and don't even get to keep your trophies (they just engrave your name on them and keep them at school).

I got the maths award, science award, plus medals for all my subjects. Plus trophies (but I didnt get to keep them)

dp624

HSC
midifile said:
My school is so cheap. You dont get anything like that and don't even get to keep your trophies (they just engrave your name on them and keep them at school).

I got the maths award, science award, plus medals for all my subjects. Plus trophies (but I didnt get to keep them)
Nice work regardless mate =P lol.

selablad

HSC
We get book prizes for topping subjects, plus prizes for coming in the top 10%, and a prize for coming first in the grade. In year twelve there are a gazillion more prizes (as in, there is something wrong with you if you *don't* get a prize, because practically everyone in the grade gets something) for community spirit, sports, teamwork, leadership, whatever. They give you really heavy books, too, so it's funny watching the really smart people walking off the stage with 10 books in their hands, trying to not fall down the stairs :D

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
At our school we have the Caltex award, duke of ed. award, community service award, debating awards, sporting awards hmm and there are others i just can't think of them..

They are the 'special' awards and then for each year group they have 'academic excellence' awards- you have to be in the top 10% of the year in every subject and they have the 'excellence in effort' awards.

They also had for certain years including my year, awards for the core subjects of science, english, geography, history and maths but i'm not too sure on why you receive those awards -they didn't really explain it.

but anyway i got the academic excellence award and a prize -i'm happy :)

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I got the Mosman Historical Society award the other night, this babys gonna pay for a whole uni textbook :D

partyanimal

HSC
i just had my annual award ceremony

the trophies were bits of rectange glass with a rusting gold painted rod shoved into it, and your name (with scratches all over it) glued on top of it

then they give $50 book vouchers for those who tried their hardest (application award)

and wooden bits of plaque for those who got outstanding in all subjects :eek:

dp624

HSC
partyanimal said:
i just had my annual award ceremony

the trophies were bits of rectange glass with a rusting gold painted rod shoved into it, and your name (with scratches all over it) glued on top of it

then they give $50 book vouchers for those who tried their hardest (application award)

and wooden bits of plaque for those who got outstanding in all subjects :eek:
Hey at least you get something other than paper.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
If only i would've gotten something more than paper.

The UAI dux at my school gets a sweet shield... i want it *drools* and of course the awesome UAI that goes with it ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)